Monday, November 14, 2022

Praise Posts 2022 - #1 - Thankful for Rest

 


I’m thankful for the assurance of rest. I’ve been on a journey for quite some time learning what rest actually means.  I’ve learned God created us to rest every seventh day. It’s His gift to us; but very few take advantage of it.
 
Rest is more than dozing in your favorite recliner wrapped up in your cozy afghan.
 
Rest is freedom from fear and worry. How is that possible in the world we live in currently?
 
Only through God!
 
… God is your confidence in times of crisis, keeping your heart at rest in every situation.
Proverbs 3:26 TPT

When you know your God, it’s a lot easier to trust when trials come your way. If you have been reading His Word, you know how capable, how loving and grace-filled He is. If you’re listening for His still small voice in your spirit, it’s a lot easier to tune out the voices of panic.
 
There is no place safer than walking with your God, the God who has promised to never leave you.



Welcome to Praise Posts 2022!
 
In the midst of the crazy world we live, I’m more grateful than ever for the Word of God. Scripture gives me a firm foundation to stand upon when everything else seems shaky. It seems each day I crave His Word even more, and it speaks to me even more plainly than it ever has.
 
With that in mind, I’ve decided to make this year’s Praise Posts all about scripture. Beginning November 14 and running through November 24, I am planning to pick out 10 scriptures that meant the most to me in 2022 and do a Praise Post each day on one of them. I hope you’ll join me each day by posting one of your favorite scriptures in the comment section.

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy.


~~


I'm linking up with Inspire Me Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.