Saturday, May 28, 2022

May Reflection Journal

Share something that made you smile

Recently, our youngest granddaughter learned the song, “Our God is An Awesome God.” It’s become her favorite; but Rory sings it like this:

Our God is an Awesome Guy!

He reigns from heaven above

With Wisdom, Power and Love,

Our God is an Awesome Guy.

Hey! She’s not wrong!

 

Share something that made you think

“It's a relief to recognize that the Lord does not give up on Samuel when he fails to recognize the voice of the Lord. The Lord keeps calling until Samuel recognizes and responds.

 

I join Samuel and say, speak Lord, your servant is listening.

 

Who is my Eli. Who helps me recognize the voice of God today?”

 

… May 2, 2022, Lectio 365


Do you have an Eli in your life?

 

Share a song or a scripture that ministered to you

Psalm 143:8 New International Version - UK

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,

    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.

Yes! Think how great our days would go if we were reminded first thing each day how God is going to love us no matter what.

Also, this month I’m sharing two great scriptures for the price of one.

“If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought.” James 1:5-7 MSG

Unfailing love and wisdom from the Father! How good He is to us.

Share a favorite picture

This is my favorite current picture of our daughter Elissa Joy. Today’s her birthday. She sure brought joy to our world!

 


 ~~~

I'm sharing this post at Friday's Fave Five since I've at least 5 favorites in this post to share. I'll also share it at Grace & Truth.

I just want you to know how highly I value those of you who visit my little piece of the cyberspace to read my words. I believe my calling is to encourage others with words of hope and blessing. Thank you especially to those who respond with comments. You make it worthwhile!


Check out the latest post at Jerralea.com - Decide Now What is Dear to You

2 comments:

  1. Now I singing that song in my head. I like it, too.
    Lovely photo of your beautiful daughter!
    Have a good long weekend. Fly our flags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, love Rory's version of the song!! Thank you for sharing the Something that Made You Think. I really needed to hear that right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.