Saturday, September 11, 2021

A Nation Remembers



Today as I go about my Saturday chores, and even while I'm typing this post, the television is on with a 911 Memorial. Twenty years ago, 2,977 people lost their lives (according to the official death toll); and every name was remembered interspersed with tributes from family, songs and speeches.

Twenty years! A lot has happened in the past 20 years of my life. I'm sure a lot has happened in yours.

Most definitely, much has happened in the life of our nation.

I began to think of all the posts I've written on freedom and liberty. Today I want to share a piece written in May of 2020, A Holy Nation of Good Citizens. Please understand, I'm not referring to our nation of the United States of America when I call us a holy nation. I'm speaking of the nation of believers, according to 1 Peter 2:9. We ourselves are far from holy ...  or even being good citizens ... yet we can be through Christ. If we trust in God to help us, we can do the following five things:

1. Remember being a good citizen reflects on God
2. Remember rulers are sent by God. (Sometimes, that is a bitter pill to swallow.)
3. God wants you to both speak and to do good.
4. Don't use your freedom as an excuse to sin.
5. Value all people.

All people are a creation of God. Sadly, some choose to be ruled by wickedness. We are not to follow doers of evil; but pray for them until their last breath 
to have eyes opened up to the truth.

At Jerralea.com, the post of the week is 4 Rules for Rescue. The most poignant line resonating with me today is part of Psalm 50:15,

"Honor me by trusting in me in your day of trouble."

Trouble is a part of life. Trust in God when it happens. Just as the churches were full following 911; I pray they will be full again, not as a result of tragedy, but as a result of longing for the Lord.

~~

Sharing at Grace & Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.