Friday, April 17, 2020

5 in the midst of Covid-19

Once again, Friday has rolled around. I try to wrap up each week on Friday by focusing on 5 blessings each week.


Just in case we forgot what Spring looks like!

Last week, I didn't get around to listing my blessings because it was a jam-packed day with no time to think, let alone write.

Although busy, the day did have its share of blessings, so today I want to begin my counting of blessings with last Friday.

1. A new computer: My desktop mother-board decided to die on me - and after only 9 years! :)

The blessing is the fact I do business with an awesome computer shop owner who was able to get me a great deal on a refurbished computer. It came in on Friday and it was pretty simple, though time-consuming, task to get everything loaded and back up to speed.

2. Also, Friday I scored some toilet paper! Enough said.

3. On Easter Sunday, I got my praise on because I came across this video on YouTube:



(Subscribers will need to click through to my blog.)

WayMaker, You never stop, You never stop working!

4. I got some things accomplished this week. My little Type A heart feels so much better!

5. My grands brighten my life. Here's an example from my daughter's Facebook post:

Baylee: mommy will you call me princess forever?
Me: Sure I will
Brody: call me SONIC forever bc I’m super fast!

When I'm down, I just recall the funny things they say!

And that wraps up my week. How did YOURS go? Leave a comment and share!

Or, you could link up a post of your own and share it with the Friday's Fave Five community.

I'm also linking up with Grace&Truth.


9 comments:

  1. Hi. I love your spring flowers. We have a lot around here where I live too. So glad you were able to get a good deal on a new computer. We are so tied to our technology right now with all this going on - a good computer is essential. Your grandkids sounds so cute. Blessings everywhere when we look for them. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see spring flowers. We are shoveling out from under a foot of snow:( It sounds like a nice week for you. A new computer is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your spring blooms pics!!
    Love,what your grandchildren said.....so super cute!!
    You mentioned you wish you had written down stories your dad shared at dinner, i can relate. I sooo wish i had done that with my grandmother and my dad. I have a good memory but i really wish i had things in writing. My dad did write in a journal for my daughters about his walk with the !ord which is very precious to us. It was a Grandfather Journal we gave him for Xmas one year from a Christian bookstore.

    Yay for your computer being all set up and for finding TP. We had no trouble with TP this past week either and the stores are more stocked than they were two weeks ago. Makes me thankful.

    Have a wonderful weekend Jerralea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to replace your computer. Beautiful spring photos. Ahh, those grands, may they bring us joy all the years we have with them. Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for spring flowers! I'm glad you were able to replace your computer. Thankfully, we have been able to find enough TP to keep up with needs. We're trying some new brands! And we don't have as much extra on hand as I usually like, even outside of virus conditions. But it's been enough.

    I feel better when I get some things accomplished, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that Brody sounds like a funny character. That made me laugh out loud. Kids are so cute and I really miss my dayhome kids. Waymaker is a song for this time! Love all versions of it! Those spring flowers look beautiful. Not too many here yet. I have been so unmotivated but feel good when I do accomplish something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those spring flowers are wonderful!!
    I've heard so many people saying (and writing) that the little ones are encouraging them and making them smile. I know my granddaughter does that for me.
    I have been making so many masks for the community that other tasks have been forgotten. Finally on Saturday, I cleaned. It felt so good. My little Type A heart agrees with you.
    Stay well and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are lovely and yes Grandkids say the funniest things at times. I'm glad you had a good week and got your laptop replaced quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading your 5 things, Jerralea. I scored toilet paper today too! It's the first time I've seen any at the store in a month! :) Who would have thought a year ago that this would bring us such joy. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.