Friday, March 13, 2020

March Good Things

Happy Friday!

Today is the day I set aside for reflection and praise. What happened in my week? How did I see God? 





This week, I finished my "Walk the Walk Christian Living Series." Y'all! It was difficult to get it done. One thing I've learned at this particular season of life - don't do any month-long challenges. There is just not enough hours in the day. I give thanks to the Holy Spirit for giving me some creative ideas during the series. But I'm itching to get back to my other projects.

Great session at our Cornerstone Women's Ministry bible study this week: We are on session two of Priscilla Shirer's Breathe series. We had some really good discussion afterwards discovering we are not alone. We have a lot of the same challenges.

Sunshine: It was supposed to rain all week and have some intense weather yesterday evening. Instead, we did have pockets of sunshine these past few days - the sun is shining as I'm typing this - and the forecast was wrong about yesterday. Hallelujah!

Talking time with the twins: I always enjoy hearing what the twins are thinking. One day this week we were talking about "bad thoughts" and how we don't talk about certain things (bodily functions were a big part of this convo). Brody said, "Yes, MiMi, I have to get those bad thoughts out of my brain, so this is what I do." He took his hands, placed one on each side of his head, and flicked imaginary thoughts away with his fingers. (I should have taken a picture.)

If only it were that easy!

Get Out Of Your Head: Stopping the Spiral of Toxic Thoughts - it's funny I'd have that conversation with Brody when I'd be in the middle of reading Jennie Allen's new book. Spoiler Alert: You CAN choose what you think about. I'm not done with the book yet, but I highly recommend it.

Bonus: In the midst of all the hype about corona-virus and the questions regarding social distancing and stockpiling, I was so happy a friend reminded me of Psalm 91. The whole Psalm is so wonderful and comforting - you can click here and read the whole thing - but verses 9 and 10 are especially meaningful right now:


If you make the Lord your refuge,    if you make the Most High your shelter,no evil will conquer you;    no plague will come near your home.

Let's shelter in Him!

And that wraps up this week on the Journey. How did YOUR week go? I'd love to hear about it. Leave a comment or consider linking up your own post with the community at Friday's Fave Five.

Edited to add: Daily we are bombarded with more Corona-virus news. The above scriptures I've shared are even more pertinent. I truly believe God's sovereign hand will be with His children in troubling times. But what if you have not been sheltering underneath His wings? What if you didn't know God cared about you and how to reach Him? I believe my post, "A Ticket Home," explains more fully. I invite you to check it out.

I'm linking this post to the communities at Inspire Me Monday and #TellHisStory


11 comments:

  1. We're definitely in difficult times but glad you found things to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the verses talking about...Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
    Interesting times we are experiencing right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jerralea. What a great and positive list of good things for this week. That is the perfect scripture for this crazy week. Stay healthy and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to Psalm 91. Also 2 Timothy 1:7 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Sounds like a good book and a great talk you had about negative thoughts. Great week. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meditating on Psalm 91 this past week too!!! And Philippians 4:6-8.

    Love the image of your grandson and his bad thots!!

    I led the Breathe Bible study two years ago here in my home for a ladies small group. I liked most of it. It didn't go into the subject of true sabbath rest though on a deeper level that i was hoping for. I did LOVE her armor of God Study!! And the Jonah one was ok. Glad you're getting a lot of discussion from Breathe. I love Shirer!

    Enjoy the weekend and the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had and still have days and days of rain and overcast skies. Thankfully my weather app is wrong half the time, so hopefully we'll have more sunshine than it looks like there will be.

    I agree about month-long challenges. I stopped doing them a couple of years ago.

    Funny about how Brody gets his wrong thoughts out. :-) I've kind of visualized it like a screen and waved them away--more a signal to myself to purposefully set my thoughts on the right things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love it when the forecast says rain but sunshine comes instead! :) Sounds like you've been pretty busy. I'm trying to find time to paint again. It's been a few weeks and it seems things just crowd it out. Maybe this week. Psalm 91 is a wonderful, comforting psalm. Blessings to you, Jerralea! I'm your neighbor at #InspireMeMonday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Believe it or not, we are getting lots of rain. We need it! But I love the sunny times in between the rainstorms.
    I loved that visual of how to get the 'bad thoughts' out of our heads. Smart Brody.
    Stay safe and well. God's still in control.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, sheltering in Him. And I need to start looking for (and noting) all His blessings as I do!! Enjoyed your list of good things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun you had talking time with the twins. That is always a bright spot to a week! I can't wait to have grandkids. We had a bit of sun the other day, it was awesome. I have been finding every scripture about faith instead of fear and where our help comes from. So thankful for God's word in a time like this. Love Psalm 91!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are in a difficult season but God is still in charge. Than you for sharing the story about your grandson. I am hoping to read Jennie Allen's new book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.