Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Checking In / Going Deep

It's been mighty quiet here on the Journey the past two weeks.

Here is one reason why:




Also, the past week was filled with time with this cutie:



Add to that a remodel of the bathroom and some structural repairs that meant NO toilet for 4 days, and yeah, I've been busy.


No time for writing, blogging or IG when a family wedding, babysitting and renovations are going on.

But now the dust has settled, the happy couple and the grandbaby are all back home, and it is time to get back to pounding the keys.

I saw the prompt for Five Minute Friday last week and though I didn't have time to participate, it has been on my mind a lot. 

So almost a week later, I'm going to give it a go:


Going deep!


How often in our world today do we take things lightly, skimming over the surface of this or that, never making the effort to really research and find things out?


As a bible teacher, I am passionate about the Word. I find it life-giving, and thrilling, to discover truths when I mine deep into the Word, finding out the context and the whole story of whatever scripture I'm reading.


If I believe the Word is my guide, and leads me to find out how God thinks and His will for my life, which I do, then why wouldn't I make every effort to discern what His Word means?


Many believers let dust collect on the cover of their swords, the Word of God; but we are told by the example of Christ that we can fight the enemy - and win - simply by saying "It is Written," and quoting scripture. He can't argue with truth, but in order to use truth as a weapon, we must know it like the back of our hand.


Go deep: research, study, question and pray over the Word. It can mean the difference between victory and powerlessness.


How about you? Do you like to dive deep into the study of the Word?


~~~

I'm linking this post with the communities at 

3 comments:

  1. You know I do deep studies, lately the Jewish feasts. Your blog was quiet but that was a lot going on, lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the happy couple. You granddaughter looks adorable in her dress. I love to dig deep and find it so rewarding when I find nuggets of truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those precious family time breaks from blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.