Friday, August 2, 2019

Five

Today is Five Minute Friday! I'm joining in with a group of writers who will write 5 minutes on one word. Today's word is "five."




GO


When talking about goal setting, you will often hear the question, "Where do you want to be five years from now?"

It's a valid question because if you don't think about it and set goals, chances are, five years later you'll be exactly where you are now.

I do have a five year plan. I'm nearing retirement and want to be debt free by the time I give up working full time.

It's good to have goals. It keeps you focused and working. But sometimes life interrupts. What then? Should I just chuck the whole thing?

Giving up sure feels like an option. 

I'm too stubborn for that. If interruptions happen, so be it. I am going to keep on keeping on. If my Journey Home is suddenly completed before my 5 years are up; at the very least, I want to go working towards my dreams.

STOP

What about you? Do you have goals for 5 years down the road?



Today, I'm linking up with: 
Grace&Truth 


Also, I've been hanging out a lot on Instagram. I'd love for you to drop by and read some of my shorter offerings. Click here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm am obsessive planner and I always used to have goals for the future, but God is teaching me to live more in the present moment. I don't really have a five year plan, but I love what you said about working towards your dream. That's me. I want to be living life just how God created me to, enjoying his gifts and pursuing the purpose he has for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where will I be in five years' time?
    Sure as heck I won't be here.
    Since He has paid for every crime,
    I'll be with Jesus, drinking beer.
    Didn't mean to live the outlaw life
    but things got bent along the way,
    and even my understanding wife
    could not judgement delay.
    But when I went before the Lord,
    I got a really big surprise.
    Rather than wrath I'd ill afford,
    there was mercy in His eyes.
    Even in the depths of cancer
    I'm not afraid; I've seen the answer..

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2019/08/your-dying-spouse-653-sense-of-what-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hit the follow button on Instagram so see you there. :)
    Don't tell anyone that I don't have a 5 year plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm horrible for goal planning. I find it overwhelming to think 5 years from now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.