Thursday, December 20, 2018

Living Bread ... Advent Reflections






BECAUSE HE CAME ... I CAN BE FILLED.

John 6:51 New Living Translation (NLT)

51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and this bread, which I will offer so the world may live, is my flesh.”

Don't be filled with worldly things that will never satisfy.  Feast, instead, on eternal things that have lasting value.  Inhaling the Word and partaking of time spent with the Savior will be more fulfilling than anything  the world has to offer.

~~~


During the month of December, the Journey will be taking a hiatus. I'm adapting some of my 2012 series, "Because He Came" posts for your Advent reflections. 

Short but sweet, these devotional thoughts pack a punch of scripture followed by the realization, "Hey! I only have this blessing because He came and dwelt among men!"

Linking up with Debbie at #TuneInThursday.

3 comments:

  1. Jerralea,
    I am so sorry it has taken me so long to leave this comment- your blog has been up in my browser for sometime and refreshed often, so that I got the blessing of reading your new sharings, but have not commented in far too long...
    I'm so delighted to visit you this evening! Your post put fresh reminders in my heart and mind that are so needed. I love your point about how worldly things will never fill us up. How true and life-changing it is to realize this! In thinking about the new year, your words are inspiring me to make this a resolution to make that prayer a part of my daily time with the Lord: that I would not pursue anything of the world, but instead pursue my Savior alone because only He can truly fill us.
    Also, the way you mentioned "inhaling" the word is so refreshing.

    Thank you also so much for your recent comment on my blog that blessed me so much!

    Hugs and many blessings to you and your family!
    Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.