Wednesday, December 5, 2018

He brought healing with Him ... Advent Reflections


Because He Came .... I can be healed.

The Atonement was not only for redemption of sin but also healing.

1 Peter 2:24 (NKJV)

who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. 

Healing comes in many ways; miraculously, instantly, by use of modern medicine, or sometimes gradually.  He heals in His timing. Don't give up! 

~~~

During the month of December, the Journey will be taking a hiatus. I'm adapting some of my 2012 series, "Because He Came" posts for your Advent reflections.

Linking up with Trekking Thru The Week.

2 comments:

  1. Ya know Jerralea, I'm convinced we don't cling to the promises enough. I have started praying, "Lord, pray for me..." because it's scripture. Hebrews 7.25 and Romans 8.34. I need HIM to intercede on my behalf. Are there greater prayers? I think not. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that as bloggers we are free to dip into our archives and reconfigure old stuff and make it new again. Chances are a number of our current readers might not have been around when the posts were first published.

    Advent's a superb time to do this ... good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.