Friday, August 24, 2018

Loyal



Today, I’m writing on the prompt shared by the Five Minute Friday flash-mob of writers. It is so interesting to see how writers take one word, free-write on it for 5 minutes, and a myriad of viewpoints emerge. God has certainly gifted us uniquely!

Today’s word is LOYAL.

Whenever I write on a one-word prompt, I like to look up the definition of the word before beginning. (I usually use the Oxford Dictionary – hey! We fans of the quiz show, Jeopardy!, believe in the Oxford dictionary.)

Here is how “loyal” is described:

Giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution.Oxford Dictionary

When I saw the words, "constant support," I knew which direction to go.

LOYAL

When we think of loyalty, we think of someone who believes in us, thinks the best of us and will never leave us.

Although I am not owned by a pet, many experience this kind of devotion by a dog. How many times have you heard "a dog is man’s best friend?"

However; I know someone who is the epitome of loyalty.

God, the Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ.

If you look at the 8th chapter of Romans in the New Testament, you will find a treasure-trove of rich promises. Let me paraphrase one of the passages in chapter 8 (verses 28-39) for you, but please take time to click on the link and read for yourself:

Things will always work out for me in the end because I am called, foreknown, predestined to become like Jesus, who is my brother. I am justified. I will be glorified. God is for me. He will give me all things. Jesus is always speaking my name in intercession. I am more than a conqueror. I am loved and I will never be separated from His love!

It tells me all I need to know about a God who never gives up on me. In fact, He says there is nothing in this whole wide world that will ever come between us!

If that is not an example of loyal love, I don’t know what is.

STOP

Have you experience this kind of loyal love for yourself?  If not, click on my tab at the top of the page, “A Ticket Home” to find out how you can!

~~~

I’m honored you stopped by the Journey today!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.



Besides the 
Five Minute Friday crew, I'm also linking with the communities at Crystal's #FreshMarketFriday and Arabah Joy's 
Grace&Truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.