Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Four things learned in April

A big part of my April was involved with writing my "His AmaZing Love from A-Z" series. 26 posts. 26 days. 26 scriptures. 26 words. I can honestly say at the end of 26 days, I am more convinced than ever that God loves me.

I also learned in April how to do a Word Cloud generator in Word. (Probably everyone else already knows how, but I'm awed by it, and will have to control myself from including these in every post!)

I was totally challenged by Edie Wadsworth in her email to subscribers where she recapped Mel Robbins "5 Second Rule." Our brains like to choose autopilot and she suggests breaking that habit with a simple exercise. Count backwards from 5 when your alarm goes off and get up before you get to 1. (You can Hear Mel's Ted Talk on the 5 second rule here.)

Simple ... but not easy.

Hello! I'm the person that sets three alarms so that surely I'll be up by 6. (I like to hit the snooze button saying "You're not the boss of me!" ... but actually ... that habit IS the boss of me.)

I've joined a writing club in April and I'm having a ball! I didn't think fiction writing was for me but I'm learning I like to dabble in it. Who knows where this could lead? In the meantime, I'm deep into polishing up my metaphors.

What has your April been like? I'd love to know. Leave a comment and share!

~~~

I'm linking this post with the community at Trekking thru the Week.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jerralea, I haven't heard of wordcloud generator so I will have to check it out. Sounds like you had an Awesome April. blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too haven't heard of wordcloud generator. I'm usually the last to climb on board with things like this, LOL, but I love the one you generated. The minute the alarm goes off, I'm starting out of bed and into my exercise clothes these days. I fear if I don't do it right away, its too tempting to skip it. Thankfully I've always gotten up with the alarm; I feel too guilty lying there if I don't, LOL.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of a cloud word generator!!! But I did run into Mel recently and watched her video. It inspired me that a 5 second rule could be a career path. Let's do this writing thing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.