Friday, April 20, 2018

AmaZing Rescuing Love


As a kid, I remember watching Underdog cartoons where the Underdog would jump into a situation and sing,

“Here I am to save the day!
UnderDog!”

I’d sing along with him and eagerly watch to see how he would magically make everything right.

Since I started on my journey Home as a believer, I’ve often ran into situations where I needed to be rescued.

Admittedly, some were situations of my own making, or sometimes traps the enemy would set for me and I would stumble into them. And, sometimes … it was just life. We do live in a fallen world and troubles multiply faster than you can shake a stick.

I wish I could say every time trouble reared its ugly head, I would immediately turn to my Savior and ask for help instead of tinkering around with the problem on my own.

I’m learning to call for help at the first sign of trouble.



Scripture tells us of a steadfast love that remembers, rescues and remains forever.

Psalm 136:23-24 English Standard Version (ESV)23 It is he who remembered us in our low estate,    for his steadfast love endures forever;24 and rescued us from our foes,    for his steadfast love endures forever;

When I think of the word steadfast, I picture a Rock on a shoreline where the winds and waves beat against it and it stands immovable. The tides swell in and rush out; yet, the Rock remains.

His promise is forever. He will always save the day.

It’s more than AmaZing!



Be encouraged on your journey Home to AmaZing Love. It. Will. Be. Worth. Everything!

Check back here every day for new links. I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

~~~

I'm sharing this post at Crystal's #FreshMarketFriday.


1 comment:

  1. I too am learning to call for help sooner than later instead of trying to figure out things myself. I know when faced with some hard things, the first thing I've said to hubby is "let's say a prayer." It is good to put whatever we are dealing with in the hands of someone who knows what is best for us.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.