Friday, February 16, 2018

What is Your Why?




From time to time it is good to take stock.  What motivates me? What is my why?

If everything were taken from me, and I had to start over, what would move me?

My why happened at age 14 when I started the journey Home. I wish I could say I’ve always been laser-focused on my destination; but I believe that determination gets stronger as we age. 

I could have had no idea at 14 what life would look like for me at 62.

A whole world has passed since then.

Some things are unchangeable, though, such as my realization I need God to take charge of my life. Because me?  I make tons of mistakes even when I have the best of intentions.

And, just being honest, my intentions have not always been pure.

The why of my life is to live for Him. I gave Him my life all those years ago and my commitment will never change.

There is nothing to go back to and everything for which to press forward.




Life might be dismal in this age of school-shootings, sharply divisive social media and the struggle to survive.Yet, there is every reason to continue the Journey Home. There will be peace, love, rest and reunion with my loved ones. There will be Jesus! So, my why means I press on.

~~~

This post was written in response to this week's prompt, "why" at Five Minute Friday. The premise behind FMF is to write for 5 minutes on a prompt and then stop. To read other responses, or to join in, click here.

I'm also linking up with another great community, Grace&Truth, which can be found at Arabah Joy's blog

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I stopped by your corner of the world. Thank you for sharing your heart. My Why is to leave an indelible imprint here on earth, impacting, influencing, and blessing others for the gifts that God has given me. I am going to enter into heaven living out my purpose to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you’ve given me something to ponder, Jerralea! My why! Thank you for sharing yours! Cindy Wilkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post! I think remembering our "why" is important and can really help us keep going when it gets tough. Visiting from FMF #13.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I claimed a mansion in the 4th grade (King James Version) and I'm still counting on a mansion or a really nice room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing to go back to and everything to press forward. Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.