Saturday, December 23, 2017

I'm living that life!



It’s been quite some time since I’ve been able to participate with the Friday’s Fave Five bloggers, and that makes me sad.

Because I love looking for highlights in my week – even if I have to mine deep to find them.

Here’s some of my highlights:

Sometimes God sends a reminder to re-direct my thinking – such was the case when I read Kristen Welch’s blogpost where she quoted Wale Aveni:

“Be thankful for what you have. Your life, no matter how bad you think it is, is someone else’s fairy tale.”

The truth of that statement cut me to the heart. I remembered those long-ago years of infertility and the longing to have children. Back then, if I knew a family with three children and three grandchildren, I would have considered their lives a dream come true.

I’m living that life!

Back in the day when I hated my job and dreaded every day, fearful my volatile boss would decide to throw a yelling fit, I would have considered working in a church as a ministry assistant the best career ever.

I’m living that life!

I also remember the day when we were living on approximately $1,000 a month and I thought making $2,000 a month would solve every financial problem.

Well, it didn’t, and increasing income even more didn’t either; BUT I’m living a life where I have what I need.

THAT, my friend, would be a fairy tale to a big portion of the world.

It’s true there seems to be a lot of unrest in the world. Things aren’t perfect; in fact, a lot needs fixing. However, there are people who dream of living where they can have freedom of expression, freedom of religion and choose to spend their life pursuing their passions.

I’m living that life!

Finally, there are people tormented by their past mistakes and failures. What they wouldn’t give to have peace of mind and a fresh start!

Because I met Jesus, I’m living that life!

Question for you:  What is in your life that someone would dearly desire to experience? Have you shared your blessings? If not, take the opportunity now to leave a comment and tell us all about it.

Or, you could link up a post of your own and link it up to the community at Susanne’s Living to Tell the Story. Don’t be shy, inquiring minds want to know!
~~~

I'm also linking up at Crystal's #FreshMarketFriday and Brenda's Chasing Community Linkup.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great time of year to rehearse and remember all our blessings!
    Thanks, Jerralea, for leading the charge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! We have so little appreciation for exactly how easy our lives are. I love your attitude!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most people are unhappy because they don't know how to appreciate what they really need or want in life. It's a wonderful thing to figure that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. merry Christmas Jerralea! I'm often telling my daughters we need to NOT take for granted our daily blessings...things like Bibles in our homes, running, clean wAter, liberty to gather in Jesus name and pray openly,,,,,all of these things are condemned in other parts of the world or not available. thanks for always pointing us to the One who brings lasting joy and peace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.