Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Everything Needed # 22

Today, I'm departing from Crystal's An Invitation to 30 Days of Thanks-Living since I feel both day 16 and day 22 are covered in my Enriched in Every Way post for Day 16. Instead, I want to give the Lord praise for this scripture that has meant so much in my life:



His divine power has given to us 
all things that pertain to life and godliness
through the knowledge of Him 
who called us by glory and virtue
2 Peter 1:3 NKJV


For the believer, there is the assurance that we can have everything we need to live a godly life.

Everything.

It might not be what we think we need, but in the end, we will see we had what we needed.

Knowing God is key to having all we need.

How do we know Him?

Reading His Word, talking to Him, listening to Him, and meeting with Him through the community of God's people.

Some feel they can leave out fellowship with the saints.

I respectfully disagree.

We need each other to encourage, uplift, keep us accountable, and by learning to get along, we help wear off the rough edges on each other.

I'm thankful for every way in which God chooses to meet my need!


~~~

I'm linking up with the #TellHisStory community.

~~~

Want to read more praises? Look over in my sidebar and see a featured post from 2014. I'm still praisin'!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, everything pertaining to life and godliness in the knowledge of Him. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Jerrelea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with you. Christians need fellowship with other Christians in order to be sharpened and encouraged. I am so thankful that Christ makes everything available to us that we need to live the Jesus-life. Wonderful post! Have a blessed Thanksgiving, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful for the role the church plays in building up the believer, in providing accountability and encouragement.
    Blessings to you, Jerralea, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.