Friday, August 11, 2017

There's a Place ...

I saw the community at Five Minute Friday was writing today on the word prompt, "Place."

When I participate with the FMF bloggers, I always try to write about the very first thought that comes to my mind when I see the prompt.

GO:

Although I write constantly about home - both in the here and now and also in eternity - when I think of place, I think of the cross.

It's a place where the playing field is leveled:  we are all sinners, all are guilty.

Christ paid the price for forgiveness of all sin. It's just that some of us choose to come there and accept that wondermous gift.

I love the words to the song "Love Ran Red," that reassures us there is a place where mercy dwells!

I don't know about you, but mercy is totally something I need. 

Because I am a deeply flawed human being.

There's no hiding it!

Praise God, since I visited that Place I am now viewed through the blood of Christ and looked upon as His righteousness.

In that Place, I started out on my journey to become more like Him with a destination of living with Him forever.

Why would I ever want to go back?

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that there is room at that place for you, too!

STOP

~~~

You know I had to share a YouTube video of the wonderful song, Love Ran Red! (Subscribers will need to click through to my blog to see the video.)






I'm sharing this post at Five Minute Friday. Go here to read all the fabulous responses!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post. Looks like we were both thinking along the same line. Praise God for the cross and that there is always room in that place for one more. Have a blessed weekend!

    ~Rebecca (visiting from FMF #76 this week)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me of that song- it's one I used to listen to a lot but I haven't heard it in a while. I'm glad there's a place for all of us at the cross and it's so important to come back to that place and remember what Jesus has done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.