Monday, June 19, 2017

Rock of Refuge


So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. Exodus 33:22


~~~

I love the story of Moses wanting to see God's glory. I'd love to see it, too, wouldn't you?

The thing is, we cannot bear the weight of the full glory of God - not in these mortal bodies!

So, God, who protects us in spite of our desires, put Moses in the cleft of a rock - and covered him with His hand, as He passed by, allowing him a sneak peak of God's retreating majesty.

This is a great example of a God who grants the desires of our hearts while also protecting us from those desires.

He's a good, good Father, you know ...


~~~

I'm linking this post with the community at Soul Survival. Currently, Donna is combining the link up with a series on Handling Depression Biblically. Check it out - she has great info.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if we'll ever know all we've been protected from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, He is a good good Father!

    And there's nowhere I'd rather be than hidden in His care ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good stuff, Jerralea. Sometimes we just need to hear those stories again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.