Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer Vacay = Stay-cay

Since I've been working at my current position for nearly 12 years, I've earned 4 weeks of vacation a year. I like to split them up into roughly one week per quarter.

This year, finances are tight and probably most of my vacation time will be stay-cation time. I love stay-cays!

Basically, I'm a home body and any time I can hang out at home, especially if I can do some kind of organizational project, is golden to me.


Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

These words need to be at the forefront of any of my vacation planning, because I'm very prone to being out of balance. I have to remember I'm supposed to be resting. So, in order for a stay-cation to be a success, in my mind, it must be a balance of accomplishing something and resting. Ideally, I'd like to work hard at my home for two days, go to the lake for 3 days, and leave the weekends open for whatever strikes my fancy.




It rarely happens that way, but a girl can dream!

When I say I want to go to the lake, I mean I hike around the lake, take photos and then veg out sitting lakeside with a good book, a notebook, my phone, some snacks, a sweet tea and Hubby. There is just something so relaxing about being in nature. I can think. I can hear from God. It's quiet. Usually, there is a breeze, It's beautiful to view, and I can't clean anything. 

Win-Win.

My summer vacay is scheduled to begin on July 1. I'm praying for good weather, no appointments, and nothing pressing.

What is your idea of a fun vacation?

The Loft


I'm linking this post to the community at The Loft, a fantastic group of Christian bloggers. Go here to see the latest offerings on the subject, "Summer Vacation."

7 comments:

  1. Ahh...what you wrote sounds like a WONDERFUL vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vacation does sound so much fun and relaxing! That lake would be a great place to spend the day several days during the week! I find the older I'm getting, I'm more content not to really travel during a vacation, but to stick to an area and explore it a lot.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerralea, I have some projects that I feel must be completed at home this summer, so I am going to enjoy my stay-cations too! I love to organize as well - it is fun to me!!! A good word about balance and resting.
    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quiet getaways with hubby, especially cottages by the seashore. When I can't make that happen there's nothing like a well timed and executed staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your idea for this summer! I like little short get-a-ways that don't need an excessively long drive. I love time relaxing. Watching old movies. I like the feeling of accomplishment getting something done you've been putting off. But mostly, I love no set bed times and sleeping late!
    Barbara, blogging at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love being at home, i love water.

    i love quiet times with those i love, i love just a little bit of adventure!

    cute post, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.