Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Daybook: 06.14.16

Happy Tuesday! As is my usual practice, my post today contains my daybook, an exercise in noticing the here and now.


For Today, Tuesday, June 14th



Looking out my window I see a bright sunny summery day.

I am thinking summer has arrived in all it's heat-stoked sunny brilliance. We are in the upper 90s every day this week.

I am thankful as of Sunday, we only have 87 more days of summer to go. *smile. Seriously, I am thankful for seasons. We can always say, "This, too, shall pass." 

One of my favorite things ... an icy sweet tea on a hot day - with a slice of lemon. Hey! I was raised in the South. It's how we roll.

I am wearing white jeans, a black cami, and a black, white and royal blue poncho.

I am creating a couple new pages in my bullet journal. Pondering on how to "pretty it up."

I am hoping to rearrange my stuff in my work office to look more stream-lined and clutter free...

I am learning how easily distracted I am!

In my kitchen tonight will be a simple meal of spaghetti, garlic bread and corn for the family, as I am headed out to a Ladies' dessert fellowship at My Daddy's Cheesecake!

I mentioned last week about making Garlic-Cheese Chicken for my daughter. Once again, I got so involved in dinner prep that I took no pictures. Please use your imagination as I tell you how to prepare this simple dish:

Garlic Cheese Chicken

Approx. 9 boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
3 T Olive Oil
1 C buttermilk
1 packet of cheese mix from a package of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder

  • Heat olive oil in skillet, then add chicken and brown on both sides.
  • Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix buttermilk, cheese packet and garlic powder together.
  • Once chicken is browned, drain, and then pour buttermilk mixture over chicken and put on lid.
  • Turn chicken over a couple times as you let the mixture simmer for approx. 10 minutes.
  • Serve with sauce spooned over chicken.

Post Script

Here is a new blog I started following:  Joanne Viola's Days and Thoughts. Love this article:  Zeal without Burnout.
 
Shared Quote

The only ethical reason to stop pursuing the accomplishment of the vision God has given you... Death. … Rick Howerton, seen on Twitter
Yes, amen!

A moment from my day





Closing Notes:

Yesterday flew by and so I never actually finished my daybook post until today. 

Last week, we saw three great answers to prayer among the believers in my fellowship - two surgeries turned out amazingly well and a 92 year old brother to our sweet Sister June finally gave his heart to the Lord! 

Throughout this week, I want to continue in an attitude of prayer - the needs are so very great. I also want to be in attitude of praise because God is even greater.

How marvelous the thought that He loves us and cares about our every need!

What do you hope your week looks like?

~~~ 

The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler. You can link up your own page at her blog, The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

  1. That chicken sounds delicious. About the heat...I don't do well with heat. Hope you have some cooler days mixed in with your summer.
    Distracted? Ha. I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe looks delicious! I'm going to make it for sure. Love things that are easy like this. The twins are so adorable! Let's hope they don't get a case of the "terrible 2's". Take heart with your high temps, we are slated to be 120 potentially next Tuesday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.