Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Will




You might be a Christian, if you ... are concerned about God's will for your life.

Before we talk about God's will, let's celebrate the fact God gave you the right to choose. He could have made puppets to adore Him but He'd much rather have you. Yes, you and I, with all of our imperfections, quirks and flaws, cause Heaven great joy when we willingly give our lives to Him.

The bible says Heaven rejoices.

God loved us enough that He gave what was most precious to Him, His Son, so we could join Him at that Heavenly party. Jesus loved us enough to make the sacrifice. The Holy Spirit draws us and woos us to want to be a part of God's forever family.

He doesn't want anyone to be excluded:


The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9 NKJV))
God's will is summed up in John 3:16, probably the most famous of all scriptures:


For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16 NKJV)
Yes, there is more to God's will after you become His child, things like being thankful, doing good and living a pure, holy, set-apart life, but His number one will for every person is that they would believe in Jesus. 

However, if we choose not to be His child, we have that right. I think it is a disastrous choice with deadly consequences. Eternal separation from God means an eternity in hell. 

Choose you this day, the bible says. I choose life. What about you?


~~~


I'm so glad you are here! Follow me each day as I attempt to define what a Christian is ... and isn't. 

I'm always interested in your thoughts. Let me know if there is a word Christians use that you don't understand. I'd be interested to write about it.




This post was written for Day Twenty-Three of my A-Z Blogging Challenge series, "You Might Be a Christian ... from A-Z." Go here each day to see all of my posts each day as they go live.


If you don't understand how a person becomes a Christian, you might want to visit my page, "A Ticket Home." 

If you'd like to read more A-Z offerings, visit the A-Z Home Page to view a plethora of A-Z links. With approx. 1300 bloggers participating, there is something for everybody.

The Loft

Today is pot-luck at The Loft, a Christian community of bloggers where I participate each week. A post of any topic, as long as it is Christian, is welcome. You ought to check it out. It's great reading! Click here to see the links.

4 comments:

  1. I definitely want to be in God's will and pray for it quite often in various situations.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the will of God has been a huge topic for me. Truly, I want sky writing, but instead God offers me the gift of relationship!
    Thanks for persevering in this series. I admire your tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the older I get the more I desire to be smack in the center of God's will. it is the only safe place to be. love this post at The Loft!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is important and a choice that we make on a day to day basis.
    Im blogging from Fill the cracks and Moondustwriter's Blog. Happy last week of A to Zing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.