Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Quiet Time






You might be a Christian, if you ... have a quiet time.

If you've been around Christians for very long, you may hear them talk about having their quiet time. Quiet time is simply a time set aside to have conversation (prayer) with the Lord, to receive instructions from Him (bible reading) and to praise Him.

Most of us like to find a place of solitude to have our quiet time because the world is so distracting, we can barely think, let alone hear the voice of God!

In today's busy world, we also have to be intentional about finding quiet time. The day will slip by so quickly and when our heads hit the pillow at night, we realize once again we didn't give the Lord any of our time.

How can we find time in our schedule? First, determine what is the best time of day for you to commune with God. My dad used to always do it right before bedtime, but that doesn't work for me. When bedtime is near, my brain is mush and I can't stay awake to hold a conversation with anyone!

The bible speaks of seeking Him early, but whenever you can work it in is the right time for you. Do what you have to do, pencil it in on your planner, set an alarm, give up your lunch hour. Whatever you have to do.


O God, You are my God;

Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.

(Psalm 63:1)

Do you thirst for Him? 


~~~


I'm so glad you are here! Follow me each day as I attempt to define what a Christian is ... and isn't. 

I'm always interested in your thoughts. Let me know if there is a word Christians use that you don't understand. I'd be interested to write about it.


This post was written for Day Seventeen of my A-Z Blogging Challenge series, "You Might Be a Christian ... from A-Z." Go here each day to see all of my posts each day as they go live.


If you don't understand how a person becomes a Christian, you might want to visit my page, "A Ticket Home." 

If you'd like to read more A-Z offerings, visit the A-Z Home Page to view a plethora of A-Z links. With approx. 1300 bloggers participating, there is something for everybody.

2 comments:

  1. I do thirst for him.

    I do my quiet time in the mornings (which I need to get to soon today after I finish reading a few more blogs).

    Its hard sometimes to get it done on the weekend with schedules, but usually Monday through Friday I do have that quiet time.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect choice for Q!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.