Monday, April 11, 2016

Included







You might be a Christian, if you ... are included in God's family.

Ever wonder why people at churches call each other brother and sister? It's because the moment you accept Christ as your Savior, you become a part of God's family. God is our Father, and since we all have the same Father, we become brothers and sisters.

“I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corintians 6:18 NKJV

And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. "Galatians 4:6-7 NKJV

It's awesome enough that God gave His Son as a sacrifice who took punishment for our sins in our place so that we could spend eternity with Him; but, when you consider He makes us sons and daughters and not slaves, it's mind-blowing.

The maker of the Universe, the all-sufficient One, wants YOU and me to be His child. I can't understand it, really, because you and I both know we mess up. All. The. Time. 

We are precious to Him and we are loved with an everlasting love. 

Sometimes, here on earth, we might feel as if we don't fit in no matter how hard we try. But the Father never turns away any who will seek Him.

He says, "Seek and you will find" and "Call and I will answer."

The promise is sure. The question is, do you want to be included?



~~~
 
 
I'm so glad you are here! Follow me each day as I attempt to define what a Christian is ... and isn't.

I'm always interested in your thoughts. Let me know if there is a word Christians use that you don't understand. I'd be interested to write about it.




This post was written for Day Nine of my A-Z Blogging Challenge series, "You Might Be a Christian ... from A-Z." Go here each day to see all of my posts each day as they go live.


If you don't understand how a person becomes a Christian, you might want to visit my page, "A Ticket Home." 

If you'd like to read more A-Z offerings, visit the A-Z Home Page to view a plethora of A-Z links. With approx. 1300 bloggers participating, there is something for everybody.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that God does not exclude anyone and all are welcome!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be a daughter of God...it is mind-blowing. I'm so glad I do not have to understand it to be part of it. This post is full of beautiful truth, Jerralea. Thank you for your strong witness for Christ in this space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.