Thursday, April 7, 2016

Faith



You might be a Christian, if you ... are filled with faith.

You might be thinking, "Well, of course, a Christian has to be filled with faith, because you have to have faith to become a Christian."

You're exactly right! It takes faith to believe Jesus is who He said He is. It takes faith to trust in His work on the cross instead of trying to earn your way to Heaven.

But I submit it takes faith, and a lot of it, to walk this path Home and arrive victoriously.

So, what is faith anyway?  My favorite definition is found in Hebrews 11:1 (which is in the beginning of the chapter called the Hall of Fame of Faith because so many faith-walkers are mentioned.)

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
 
Faith is living your life knowing things that cannot be seen are true - and not letting yourself get shook up when the world is not reflecting that truth.
 
You know what? If you don't feel you have enough faith, it is totally okay to ask the Lord to help your unbelief. Our God is so awesome that He will give us what we need, even when it is faith.
 
He loves you that much ...
~~~


What about you? Do you think you have enough faith? As I said before, He will help you with unbelief. Just ask!



I'm so glad you are here! Follow me each day as I attempt to define what a Christian is ... and isn't.

I'm always interested in your thoughts. Let me know if there is a word Christians use that you don't understand. I'd be interested to write about it.



This post was written for Day Six of my A-Z Blogging Challenge series, "You Might Be a Christian ... from A-Z." Go here each day to see all of my posts each day as they go live.


If you don't understand how a person becomes a Christian, you might want to visit my page, "A Ticket Home." 

If you'd like to read more A-Z offerings, visit the A-Z Home Page to view a plethora of A-Z links. With approx. 1300 bloggers participating, there is something for everybody.

5 comments:

  1. I do have faith; I need more faith, but I do have faith indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerralea! Faith really is the key, isn't it? I think it's a close cousin of trust. Great Scripture definition of faith too. I have always loved St. Paul!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe; help my unbelief. You've captured faith here well, Jerri---it's both a gift and something we have to walk out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our sermon on Sunday was in the passage where the help my unbelief phrase is. You've covered faith well here Jerrelea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's my favorite definition of faith, too! In this world of misinformation, it's wonderful to have faith in things that are not seen, but are true.

    JEN Garrett's Lexical Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.