Monday, February 29, 2016

What We Learned in February


What We Learned in February



February 2016 is drawing to a close. It's time to recap lessons learned.

1. The most profound quote I heard this month:  

I realize that if I don't love ferociously now, when am I going to do it?
 Andrew Budek-Schmeisser


Loving ferociously - I love that descriptive phrase. It puts me in mind of Peter telling us Christians we are to love fervently - with a white hot passion.

Not for Peter our apathetic namby-pamby style of Christianity - he was all about passion. Granted, sometimes it was mis-directed, but you could never accuse Peter of being lukewarm.

Come to think of it, being lukewarm makes the Lord gag. He said in Revelation that He wishes we were either cold or hot, but being lukewarm makes Him want to vomit. 

How are you choosing to love this month?

2. "Pursue What Makes You Come Alive" - Hmm... is the Lord trying tell me something? It's funny that not only have I been dared to love passionately but also to live passionately.

Life is too short - and too precious - to sped it in apathy.  

As she always does, Michele Morin challenged me when I read her February offering, "Created to Make a Difference," her review of  Jonathan David Golden's book, "Be You. Do. Good."


 3. Another nugget from Michele's Living Our Days: "Peace and Purpose in a World of Crazy", a review of Alli Worthington's "Breaking Busy." (Don't you just love that title?)

However, real and lasting change is more than simply doing less. It’s about doing the things that nurture strong relationships, that help us to zero in on our unique calling in a world with too many options. 
Instead of just saying no, I have to decide which things fit in with my calling and embracing them while letting other things go that might be good and worthy but just not for me at this season of life.

4. February was our 40th Anniversary month. We've learned over the years that love is a decision and we decided life together is better. My hubby makes me laugh. Every. Day. If you think about it, what more can you ask?

5. February was also a crazy month, weather-wise. Some days snowing like crazy, but then the sun came out and melted the white stuff immediately. We even had a day or two of 70° weather. 





So, how did your February go? Would you like to share what you learned this month? Leave a comment or link up your own post at Emily's place.

7 comments:

  1. my February FLEW by!! So hard to believe today is the last day. we had only 2 inches of snow all month (making it a grand total of 4 inches the ENTIRE winter here in the capital region of New York State...MOST unusual! To the north, south and west of us there were several inches all winter long....one of my fave mts had 16 on its summit! but down here we have had mild sunny days, mild rainy days, mild cloudy days. One week the temps dipped to the lowest we have had all winter (-114 on the summit of another fave mountain!! and -22 in our town). This month brought me my first college visit with our youngest which we thoroughly enjoyed and are praying it is reachable for us if she gets accepted in to it. It's def a top choice! God is good......now we are preparing for Easter at our church so I am sure March is going to fly by just as quickly. It sounds like you had a great month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures of the twins :) Definitely great things you learned this month, especially love endures :)

    I learned patience :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great month. Loving deeply and passionately in the month of February!:)
    Great quote. I'm going to save that one and pass it on to family!
    Hope your March is just as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this and nodding my head. Absolutely. When we love, we need to love with our 100% because what's the point of love if we don't give it our all? And in life, we must give more time to what makes us happy and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerralea, thanks for the shout out here! You are always such an encourager - and in so many ways.

    I can just barely believe that March is here! It sounds as if you had a very enlightening February, and oh, my -- those pictures of the twinlets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the quotes you shared. Powerful words to guide our days with perspective. I'm glad we connected through Emily's link-up. And happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. February seemed short, even though it had 29 days! I guess when it's full of learning and introspection, it goes by quicker.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.