February 2016 is drawing to a close. It's time to recap lessons learned.
1. The most profound quote I heard this month:
I realize that if I don't love ferociously now, when am I going to do it?
… Andrew Budek-Schmeisser
Loving ferociously - I love that descriptive phrase. It puts me in mind of Peter telling us Christians we are to love fervently - with a white hot passion.
Not for Peter our apathetic namby-pamby style of Christianity - he was all about passion. Granted, sometimes it was mis-directed, but you could never accuse Peter of being lukewarm.
Come to think of it, being lukewarm makes the Lord gag. He said in Revelation that He wishes we were either cold or hot, but being lukewarm makes Him want to vomit.
How are you choosing to love this month?
2. "Pursue What Makes You Come Alive" - Hmm... is the Lord trying tell me something? It's funny that not only have I been dared to love passionately but also to live passionately.
Life is too short - and too precious - to sped it in apathy.
As she always does, Michele Morin challenged me when I read her February offering, "Created to Make a Difference," her review of Jonathan David Golden's book, "Be You. Do. Good."
3. Another nugget from Michele's Living Our Days: "Peace and Purpose in a World of Crazy", a review of Alli Worthington's "Breaking Busy." (Don't you just love that title?)
However, real and lasting change is more than simply doing less. It’s about doing the things that nurture strong relationships, that help us to zero in on our unique calling in a world with too many options.Instead of just saying no, I have to decide which things fit in with my calling and embracing them while letting other things go that might be good and worthy but just not for me at this season of life.
4. February was our 40th Anniversary month. We've learned over the years that love is a decision and we decided life together is better. My hubby makes me laugh. Every. Day. If you think about it, what more can you ask?
5. February was also a crazy month, weather-wise. Some days snowing like crazy, but then the sun came out and melted the white stuff immediately. We even had a day or two of 70° weather.
So, how did your February go? Would you like to share what you learned this month? Leave a comment or link up your own post at Emily's place.