Friday, January 22, 2016

If Today Was A Snow Day ...

If today was a snow day ... I'd linger in bed for, I don't know, possibly another half hour.
Come on ... I need more snow than this!
Because when I'm awake, there's no fighting it. I might as well get up. I wouldn't want to waste a wonderful "free" day by sleeping!


So, I'd jump right up and do my regular morning routine. Otherwise, something would feel "off" to me and I couldn't enjoy my day.

I'd end up at my desk with a hot beverage of some sort and my bujo.  (Bullet journal for the un-informed.) I would then list every task I could think of to do in my wonderful "free" day. This list would include things that would take me all week if I actually had time to do them; but, I love to list so I would find joy in it.

Then, if it was a perfect day, I'd work in peace and quiet until about 1 p.m. I mean, if it was a perfect snow day, there'd be no power outages and my internet speed would be quick as a flash. Most snow days, however, the lights would flicker, and if we still had internet, every kid out of school would be online slowing my service down to a crawl.

But, I digress. Back to my perfect day. Around one p.m. - or three, depending on how productive I'd been, I'd position myself on my comfy couch-recliner with my favorite white fuzzy throw and then binge watch Fixer Upper, switching occasionally to my newest obsession on Netflix, "Flash Point."

Of course, I'd have my trusty bujo by my side to jot down any inspirational thoughts (or additional tasks) that would come to mind.

I also might read some, since I never get to do that except on lunch hours at work.

On a perfect day, I'd already have a batch of one of my yummy soups in the fridge, so I'd warm that up for dinner.

And then, I'd get back to reading, note-taking and binge-watching, possibly all at the same time. I'd probably do all that until way past my bedtime. 

The next morning, I'd be dragging out of bed, wishing for another snow day!


~~~

It's funny that the Writer's Workshop prompt 3. "Write about how you would spend the perfect Snow Day" was scheduled for this week. We had a storm forecast for Thursday night that would SURELY make Friday a snow day. Alas, barely an inch of powdery stuff showed up and I had to go to work after all!

This is my lunchtime lament:  I'd be so happy at home ... if today was a snow day!

Thanks, Kat, for featuring my post from last week, The Best Part of My Day.  I would say more about it, but I've got to go back to work since ... NO SNOW!


Mama’s Losin’ It

What would your day look like if it was a snow day?  Leave a comment, or link up your own post at Kat Bouska's blog, Mama's Losin' It.

9 comments:

  1. Seems like you would enjoy the snow day if you got one :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is clever! I love lists, too, and was prompted to dig out my list for the day in the middle of reading your post to jot down some things lest I forgot. Sorry;) I did come back and enjoy the rest of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Count me in on the perfect snow day. Now, how do we make it a reality?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great snow day! With my household though my day would be work from the time my feet hit the floor until I fell into bed at night. I would get things done at home that I can't get done while working full time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jerralea!
    It is so funny that I just saw that you left me a comment (thank you so much!!) because I just got on the computer to finish reading your post that I have had up in browser since yesterday and wanted to comment! :)
    Thank you so much for blessing my evening with your words and friendship. I so enjoyed reading your commment. I have to say I am so honored that you would think of me as being even a little bit like Anne Shirley let alone being a lot like her. Thank you, Jerralea! I hope I can live my life with the loveliness and goodness her character did.

    Thank you so much for visiting me- I have truly enjoyed visiting you and reading your post! I loved how you started your day off with something hot to drink, at your desk, with your journal. That sounds so cozy, especially when you see snow falling outside. How inspiring to carry it with out during the day to jot down thoughts. You are a true writer.

    What a great, relaxing snow day. And I love Fixer Upper, too! I love how they always find such beautiful homes in the country to fix up and they turn out so neat :)

    Have a wonderful day and week ahead, Jerralea!
    Blessings to you,
    Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jerralea! What a great topic to write about, and even to dream about. A snow day? That would be fun!
    Yes to the soup, absolutely perfect. Some tea or coffee too. I like the fact that you keep your journal at your side, ready for ideas to fill it. I'm sure there are wonderful things that I could be jotting down if I'd only be fully present to them.

    I think I'd sleep late, because I am a slug about rest. I'm not a morning person at all! Some music in the background, the newspaper, gazing out at the white stuff, reading. Ahh. It's relaxing just thinking about it!
    Sorry you didn't get your snow day after all my friend. Maybe later in the week?
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.