Today, I'm joining the community at Arabah Joy to share encouragement. If you'd like to learn more, go here.
Matthew, Mark and Luke all tell us that Jesus said:
"Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." Luke 9:23 (NKJV)
But Luke is the only one that said the word “daily”
The Christian’s life is not a life of ease. This world is not our home.
He said to deny ourselves. Sometimes, we just want to veg out and not make any effort.
But there is great reward if you keep on keeping on.You’ll make it to your forever Home … and you will be beyond thankful you stuck with Him.
Remember, the way of the cross leads Home.
I love the phrase, "the way of the cross leads Home." I first heard it sung as a hymn in my little home church in Darby, Florida.
- I must needs go home by the way of the cross,There’s no other way but this;I shall ne’er get sight of the Gates of Light,If the way of the cross I miss.
- Refrain:The way of the cross leads home,The way of the cross leads home;It is sweet to know, as I onward go,The way of the cross leads home.
- I must needs go on in the blood-sprinkled way,The path that the Savior trod,If I ever climb to the heights sublime,Where the soul is at home with God.
- Then I bid farewell to the way of the world,To walk in it nevermore;For my Lord says, “Come,” and I seek my home,Where He waits at the open door.
- ... Jessie B. Pounds, 1906
I bid farewell to the way of the world ... have you?