Friday, June 19, 2015

The Way of the Cross Leads Home

Today, I'm joining the community at Arabah Joy to share encouragement. If you'd like to learn more, go here.

Grace&Truth-300x300

Matthew, Mark and Luke all tell us that Jesus said:

"Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me." Luke 9:23 (NKJV)

But Luke is the only one that said the word “daily”

The Christian’s life is not a life of ease. This world is not our home.

He said to deny ourselves. Sometimes, we just want to veg out and not make any effort.

But there is great reward if you keep on keeping on.You’ll make it to your forever Home … and you will be beyond thankful you stuck with Him.


Remember, the way of the cross leads Home.

~~~

I love the phrase, "the way of the cross leads Home." I first heard it sung as a hymn in my little home church in Darby, Florida.

  1. I must needs go home by the way of the cross,
    There’s no other way but this;
    I shall ne’er get sight of the Gates of Light,
    If the way of the cross I miss.
    • Refrain:
      The way of the cross leads home,
      The way of the cross leads home;
      It is sweet to know, as I onward go,
      The way of the cross leads home.
  2. I must needs go on in the blood-sprinkled way,
    The path that the Savior trod,
    If I ever climb to the heights sublime,
    Where the soul is at home with God.
  3. Then I bid farewell to the way of the world,
    To walk in it nevermore;
    For my Lord says, “Come,” and I seek my home,
    Where He waits at the open door.
  4. ... Jessie B. Pounds, 1906


I bid farewell to the way of the world ... have you?

4 comments:

  1. I like the "daily" part. That means to me that each and every day I can start over. His grace is new each morning. THat no matter what I did yesterday I can pick up "my" cross and carry on. Thanks for the encouraging word this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fine hymn. Words that draw me in and close.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hymn, Jerralea. Thanks so much for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jerralea! Like Joyful, I can really resonate with the 'daily' image. Even St. Paul said that he had to throw off the worldly desires each day. Evil will never quit trying to lure us away. I have to rededicate myself every hour!

    I do like that hymn. I need to have support and encouragement on my walk, and those words did that for me. Thank you!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.