Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday's Fave Five - 06.26.15

Can you believe it is the last Friday in June already? Tuesday will be the end of the second quarter - a reminder I'm sure all bookkeepers will love.

I'm so glad I link up each Friday with a group of wonderful bloggers who pause to reflect on the highlights of their week. Sometimes great blessings are shared, sometimes just small everyday gifts, but all worthy of thanks.

1. Last Saturday, the girls - and the twins - went yard saling with me. The babies were good, the weather relatively cool, and the cloudy skies did not actually dump water on us. (Good thing, because Friday evening the flood waters fell. Thankfully my house did not get flooded, but several businesses in the town where I work had to close due to water over the roads.)

2. Sunday, of course, was Father's Day. The family all met at Jim's favorite restaurant, Delmonico's, and enjoyed a nice meal. We missed having Daniel with us; hopefully, next year, we will be able to celebrate with two fathers at our family get-together.

3. Bananas in Red Stuff - Have you ever been to a buffet and noticed bananas in red stuff on the salad bar?  My kids always loved it but I wasn't sure exactly how to make it. Was it frozen strawberries pureed and poured over bananas or what? The answer to my question was found in the book "Come Home to Supper" by Christy Jordan. She reveals the secret:  strawberry glaze that is used for strawberry pies is the "red stuff."  I happened to see some in the produce section this week and made it for dinner.  Let me just say that the twins are wild for it! Baylee, especially, was heartbroken when the bowl was "gone-gone." I'm pretty happy to find an easy-peasy dessert to add to the rotation! 

4. I'm excited the string of mid-ninety degree days has been broken. Lower 80s today and the next week has been forecast. I'm not a fan of high heat so I count this as a gift from the good Lord.

5. Quote of the week: 

What do you think amazed Jesus? While there are many instances in the four Gospels of people being amazed at Jesus’ words and works, there are only two times when we read of Jesus being amazed at something (or “marveling” at something). Both times, He was amazed at faith—once when He found it where He least expected it (Luke 7:9) and once where He didn’t find it when He most expected it (Mark 6:6). Faith, or its absence, is apparently a subject of amazement to Jesus. He works in its presence (Luke 7) and doesn’t work in its absence (Mark 6).… David Jeremiah, Turning Point Devotional, June 24, 2015 “Amazing!”


I don't know about you but I'd rather amaze Jesus with my faith than disappoint Him with a lack of faith.

And so ends another week on the Journey. How did your week go? Leave a comment and share, or link up at Susanne's space, Living to Tell the Story, and tell your story.



9 comments:

  1. I love that devotional! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote! I'm like you in that area of faith, my friend.

    How neat that you found out how to make "bananas in red stuff"...and that your grandbabies are carrying on the tradition of loving it, like their mom did.

    Glad your husband had a nice Father's Day. And I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Jeremiah is one of my favorite pastors!
    It was warm and sunny here Saturday for my yard sale... Thank goodness! :)
    I'm going to enjoy this break in the weather for sure! Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had some hot days, but we're due for some rain, so I hope that will cool things off.

    I always thought the red stuff was jello. Now I know! It does sound good, especially for a cool snack for a warm summer evening.

    Glad you had a good yard sale excursion and Father's Day celebration.

    I haven't heard David Jeremiah in a long time - he used to be on a radio station I hear sometimes but has not been in a while. But I did enjoy his preaching. I've not read any of his books yet. That is a great observation in that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great devo and yay formtime with those grandbabies! we used to love going to Delmonico's and last Fathers Day we took my dad. it was our last time though as 2 months later we gave up eating beef. 😀 i have never seen those bananas on a salad bar so maybe that is a mid-west thing? happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That banana dessert sounded delicious! I don't think I've ever seen it, but if the twins like it, it gets my vote of approval :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, no, no, I'm not ready for the last week in June!
    Am smiling at your twins' love of bananas in red stuff. They are troopers to do so well yard saling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This half of a year has gone by entirely too fast! Alberta is in the middle of a heat wave with temps in the 90's and in some areas getting closer to the 100. That is HOT for us. I don't mind that a day or two but then I like to get back to the lower 80's myself. I'm glad the flooding didn't reach you. I have to say I have never seen bananas in red stuff. But so cute that the twins think it's the greatest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to believe that it's the end of June! Half a year. Wow.
    I hope your cooler weather is holding still. I'm not a heat loving person either.
    What fun to spend the day with your twins!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.