Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A is for Apple ... and Abiding



Welcome to Day One of Feasting Body and Soul from A to Z!

You know, some people think that it was an apple that Eve picked in the Garden of Eden that got her in trouble and caused the human race a world of hurt.  The bible doesn’t say apple, it says fruit, but there is no doubt an apple is a beautiful fruit. It’s hard to resist its crunchy juicy goodness.

Today, I’m sharing an Apple Cake recipe I actually saw on Facebook. I’ve lost the link so if anyone knows who first posted it, let me know and I will give them credit. Quick and easy, it’s a good way to use up the apples left at the bottom of the fruit bowl. 

Apple Cake

2 eggs

1 ¾ C sugar

2 tsp. cinnamon

½  C oil


Mix the above together in a large mixing bowl.


Then, add 6 apples (I use 5) peeled, cored and chopped.




In a separate bowl, mix 2 C flour and 2 tsp. baking soda.

Then add to the other ingredients.

Put in a greased and floured 9x13 pan.



Bake at 350° for 55 minutes.


It’s a great way to end a meal!

One of the ways we can feast in our soul is to spend time with our Savior. Last year, my word of the year was abiding. Truth is, a great and precious promise is attached to abiding:

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 
John 15:7 New King James Version (NKJV)



How do we abide? Just like spending time at the family table brings you closer to your family, spending time in His presence by reading His word, praying, and entering in at the community of saints at your local church brings you closer to Him.

Come back tomorrow and see what I can find to write about the letter “B!”


 


During April, I’m participating in the A-Z Challenge.  Over  eight hundred writers (as of last count) will be posting in various categories. Visit here to see a list of all the fantastic bloggers – a veritable smorgasbord of entries to feast upon!


6 comments:

  1. Yum with the recipe; it is always good to abide with our Lord :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerralea - love apples and apple cake ... the recipe looks an interesting one .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Mine was apple dumplings. Looking forward to letter b. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. That apple cake sounds delicious and I love how you weave it together with advice about coming closer to God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks positively wonderful! I will try that this weekend. I have loads of apples to use up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I lOVED reading this..and the Scripture is perfect! if i wasn't working full time in the kindergarten I would totally do this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.