In other words, life happened this month!
It is good in the midst of all that life brings us to sit down once a week and reflect on the good things that happened. Otherwise, being human, the bad things that happen might take precedence in our thoughts.
1. In spite of great turbulence on our flight, we made it back home safe and sound. It's always a joy to come home. Our little haven welcomed us as soon as we step inside with all our family mementos, cool air, and comfy bedding.
2. A good week at work: It was a busier than usual week but a good one with almost everything going smoothly. Our new Pastor has a lot of ideas and staff meeting was very interesting. I love when there is vision!
3. My mom is here visiting and my sister and brother-in-law are due in this weekend. I always treasure when family comes.
4. I'm missing my twinsies but was glad to hear they received a good report at the doctors. I'm loving whenever my daughter posts a new photo on Facebook, so you know I have to share at least one:
|3 Weeks Old|
5. Quote of the week: Pastor read Psalm 118 during our staff meeting. I really needed to hear it this week, and these two verses spoke to me especially:
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
6 The Lord is for me; I will not be afraid.What can man do to me?7 The Lord is my helper,Therefore, I will look in triumph on those who hate me.
The Lord is for me - I needed to hear that. He will work all things out for my ultimate good because He is for me. He will help. Does that mean I get everything I want? No, but in the end, it will be okay.
And so ends another week on the Journey.
How did YOUR week go? Leave a comment, or why not link up a blog post with your favorite Friday's five over at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.