Monday, June 30, 2014

Daybook: 06.30.14

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, JUNE 30th

Outside my window... overcast skies.  The day promises to be a hot one.
I am thinking... it's been a whirlwind week ever since I got home from Colorado.
I am thankful... for everything God has blessed me with in this life.  I may not have money, fame or accolades but I do have Him and He blesses me all the time.
In the kitchen... is some hamburger that must be used today.
I am wearing... black skirt, black ruffled tank with a teal and black print cardi.
I am creating... a testimony.
I am wondering... where my focus needs to be next. All I've had on my mind recently was going to Colorado.  Now that I'm back, I'm wondering what is next for me.
I am hoping... no, I'm believing ... everything will work out in the end.
I am looking forward to... July 4th.
I am learning people may let you down but God never does. 
Around the house... some fluffing my nest needs to be done; and once again, my fridge needs to be cleaned out.  Ugh!
I am pondering... doing a bible study on Romans.  Our class has done a lot of studies on the Epistles over the years but somehow never did Romans! 
A favorite quote for today... during a sermon, my pastor said something that really struck me:

"Every action confesses who you are."

You may say you are living for Christ but your actions might be saying you are not. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, but if you are continually messing up, you might want to examine yourself.
One of my favorite things... a day off, and due to Independence Day, I will be having Friday off.
A few plans for the rest of the week: catching up on some bookkeeping

A peek into my day...
Garden of the Gods, Colorado



The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

9 comments:

  1. I'm sure it was hard coming home and leaving those babies in CO! I'm sure the Lord has something special in store for you! My fridge need to be cleaned out too! We are going to dig into leftovers tonight I'm thinking. Hope you enjoy your 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I buy ground beef, I feel like I have to make it that day. I actually prioritize the meats I buy. Ground beef gets used that same day or the next, then roast beef if I have that, then chicken...depending on expiration dates. It's a constant juggling act because I haven't quite gotten the knack of freezing and defrosting meat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great picture of the Garden of the Gods; that is such a pretty place to visit! I think a study of Romans would be good. When I lived in Montana, one semester it was the topic for the Women's Bible Study and then we as a small group down here where I live now did Romans as a study. It really is a fascinating book, should make a great study if you go with it. Always nice to have a 4 day week to look forward to with a 3 day weekend ahead!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Daybook Entry! I've always wanted to visit the Garden of God's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I can identify with the fridge thing. I have to play that game - "Name That Food" every once in awhile. Lovely photo. Our country has such a diverse landscape. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo! Wonderful post all around, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something I need to post everywhere: "I am thankful... for everything God has blessed me with in this life. I may not have money, fame or accolades but I do have Him and He blesses me all the time."

    The blessing of his presence is a gift we take for granted far too often. Thanks for the reminder. Glad you're back home safely and can fluff up your nest a bit. I need to do that a bit myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your day book! I'm guessing it was hard to leave those grand babies!! It is very hot and humid here...we are currently in Boston on vacation but I'm resting my foot today in the nice AC hotel as I'm still dealing with heel pain! Am hoping to hear the Boston pops concert tonight and see the fireworks.they rescheduled for tonight vs tomorrow due to an impending hurricane hitting the east coast!! Maybe I will have time to do the FFF for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.