Monday, April 21, 2014

Daybook: 04.21.14

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, APRIL 21st

Outside my window... 63° at 7 a.m. ... I'd say spring has arrived.  It's kind of overcast today like it might rain.
I am thinking and praying for... of our best friends, Wayne and Glenda, who are going through a struggle right now.  Wayne was injured in a fall off a roof.  This morning, he will be having surgery on his foot.  I am praying, along with all our friends and church family, that he will do well with this surgery and for a miraculous recovery.
    I'm praying, too, for our friends Michael and Merrie who are also having a health struggle.  Michael is undergoing his third surgery today for a retinal tear.  His wife is so hoping for an end to these surgeries!
I am thankful... our friend is alive and expected to recover from his injuries. I'm also thankful for a great visit with our Janae.  It was a great two weeks and wonderful to see her with healthy pregnancy.
In the kitchen... the menu for dinner tonight is still undecided. It's just going to be Jim and I so the selection should be easier.
I am wearing... black tank dress with animal print jacket and my new black and white flats.
I am going... to Colorado in June for the birth of our grandbabies.
I am hoping... for our friends' recovery and for healthy babies and for NO spring flooding in our area.
I am looking forward to... the twins birth ... and also a road trip.  It's time for a road trip to see Spring before she is over.  Spring never seems to stay long around these parts.
Around the house... a little dusting and fluffing is needed.
A favorite quote for today... from a little boy at church yesterday:

"I just can't get those lyrics out of my head:  'God's not dead, He's surely alive, Roaring like a lion, living on the inside.'"
One of my favorite things... spending time with my daughters, which I was able to do this weekend.  I am blessed with three wonderful kids.
A few plans for the rest of the week: more A-Z posting, and tackling some of my April to-do list which includes filing my sheet music that I've let pile up AGAIN.


A peek into my day...


Last spring, at the Iris Farm, with Wayne and Glenda.
Pray for Wayne for healing today.


The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can participate by linking up at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for your friends as well! I think we will be having leftovers to clean out the refrigerator. :) (one task I can check off the list)
    I love to hear little ones declare the truth of God! Enjoying reading your A-Z posts! I don't always have time to comment but I come by as often as I can.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.