Thursday, April 3, 2014

C is for Care






I have chosen the word "care" as today's word for reflection. Care can have two meanings; feelings of protection and affection for someone or something, or concerns or anxieties weighing heavily on one's mind. 

Peter tells us in the bible, "casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

What does it mean to cast your care?  Casting requires action.  When I was a child trying to learn how to cast a fishing pole, I had to learn how to throw the fishing line away from me.  

I have to throw my concerns and anxieties away from me ... onto HIM.  After all, He is the only one who can do anything about my worries.

The best part about this though is the knowledge that He cares for me.  Imagine that!  The God who can speak worlds into existence actually cares about little old me.

When I wonder if anyone cares if I am hurting inside or knows about the hardships in my life?  God does.  When there's something I need, or a temptation I face, I can take all these things to Him because I know He cares about me.

And once I've cast all that care onto Him, I leave it there.  

I don't pick it back up but trust Him with it. 

Every time anxiety comes to my mind, I say, "I've cast my care on Him. He will take care of it."  

Selah (Think on that!) 



This post was written in community with the A-Z blogging challenge.  To read others' work, go here.

3 comments:

  1. Casting the burdens can be hard to do. We want to think we can handle everything, but how freeing to let go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to hear this today. I have a tendency to pick my cares right back up carry them around with me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember thinking of this verse and physically casting my burdens at the time to Jesus; it did give me comfort to know what he does care for me!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.