Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Daybook: 03.24.14

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, MARCH 24

Outside my window...a cool but sunny morning.


I am thinking...it's tough to get back in the swing of things when I've spent all weekend on the couch feeling bad with some sort of bug.
I am thankful... for sunshine.  It makes everything better.
In the kitchen... some kind of pasta dish that will create leftovers for lunches.

I am wearing... jeans, white shirt, pink cardigan and a pink and white striped infinity scarf.
I am reading...nothing since I just finished Robert Whitlow's "The List."  Powerful!  I had read it before but wanted to reread it again and focus on the descriptions on prayer life.
Around the house...time to put some Spring touches in.

I am pondering... my blogging career.  in the six years I've been blogging, I've been faithful to participate in daybooks and Friday's Favorite Five, which chronicles the blessings that I've been able to detect in my life each week.  To my way of thinking, as a blogger I'm really a diarist or a chronicler.  I'm reporting on important events in the life of a Christian empty-nester in an increasingly un-Christian society ... I was looking at a list of diarists.  At least 6 of our presidents kept diaries ... I'm in good company.


A favorite quote for today...


We are not defined by the mistakes we make but by Who paid for them.
... Matthew L. Jacobsen, "Please Don't Label Me."

Matthew's post is awesome for parents of children who made some unwise choices.

One of my favorite things...when my daughter texts me, "I am bringing dessert."


A few plans for the rest of the week: preparing for a board meeting.

A peek into my day...


  I took this photo at  the home of Laura Ingalls Wilder in Mansfield, MO, last Spring.  I love the light in this photo.

Note:  I started this daybook on Monday but didn't post until Tuesday.  When I woke up Tuesday, there was snow on the roof! So, I really needed this picture to remind me spring WILL come.


The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her site, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.