Thursday, December 5, 2013

Faith Journey

One year ago tomorrow, I wrote a post entitled "Confiding in His Love," that chronicled our journey with bipolar disorder.  I took a line from my favorite hymn, Living by Faith, and wrote about how our faith in God kept us going through all the dark times of my husband's illness.

This past Monday, my daybook post mentioned the old song, "Faith is the Victory."

I guess you could say nothing is changed.  I'm still a faith blogger.  

When I first started blogging everything I read about building a successful blog talked about finding your voice.  I worried about this a lot.  What should I write about?  I love home decor, recipes, organization, bible study and sharing about my road trips.  Surely I needed to focus on one thing.

I found my voice.  Woven throughout all the photos, stories, quotes, recipes and bible studies, one thing is evident.  My voice is faith.

I'm a believer.  I can't separate that out from who I am or what I write.

My premise is God is good.  If you are a believer and are wanting to be in the will of God then ultimately everything works out for the best.  Notice I did not say you would have an easy life.  I think deep down we all know that is never going to happen.  What I can tell you is this:  A believer is never alone.  God will guide through the roughest times.  He is always there.

When you get down to it, isn't knowing you are not alone what everyone wants? 

Jerralea's Journey is a faith journey.  You're welcome to join me.




Mama’s Losin’ It


This post was written in response to Writer's Workshop prompt 1.) What were you blogging about a year ago today? What has changed?  If you'd like to join in the fun, link up at Kat's blog, "Mama's Losin' It."

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jerralea! Well, I wasn't around the blog-world a year ago, so I am so thankful I got to read this post.

    What a trying time in your life. And you shared it with your friends here, and that is so brave. I tend to hold things so tightly, I can learn a lot from you.

    You show how the challenges of life throw us right into the arms of the Lord, if we choose that. And you did! So inspiring.

    I think I am still finding my voice. It's a fascinating concept, isn't it? I am so happy that you have found yours, and see it in the light of the love you have for The Lord.

    So happy to be blog-friends with you :)
    Happy St. Nicholas Day!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jerralea, I found you again... I had an awful computer crash and replaced everything. Ok, you don't want to hear the loose ends, what is important is that I connected again.

    You can have faith and a voice as well. I sometimes put quotes in my writing just as a reminder, but mostly I'll put a prayer of thanks at the end. I think we are all Gods children and we have differences, interests, and then things in common. Write from your heart, weather that is about decor (I'd love to read), (I'd love to try) recipes, organization (that I could learn from) and we could share the road trips we have taken. Come by and visit soon, lets stay connected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great words Jerralea. Not even the most righteous Christian has a life that is not full of trials. We, as Christians, are put through the fire each day. Tried. Our faith is tested. But as you said, He is with us throughout all of it.

    I love your voice! You have an amazing voice! I so look forward to reading your posts. You are right. We can not separate God out of who we are once we have accepted Him into our hearts. He is who we are, the old is dead and we are made new in Christ Jesus!

    Your journey is not much different than most Christians but through your faith you can share it. And sharing it here as you do is encouraging to a non believer that they too can have that blessed hope!

    I thank the Lord for you this morning! God bless you and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ceil - I'm so happy to have met you this year as well! I'm pretty sure your voice is as a faith-blogger, too! Anyway, I enjoy visiting Evangelize to Me. Keep up the good work!

    Cindy - good to hear from you again! We definitely need to stay connected.

    Joyful - You are another blog-friend I am happy to have met this year! I think we have pretty similar interests and I always love dropping by The Joyful Bookcase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are able to weave faith into your blog posts the way you do. Such a beautiful way of writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.