November is a month that many stop and reflect on their blessings. We who participate in the Friday's Fave Five community do that every week as we stop and count as least five highlights of the last week. Doing so helps us to have an "attitude of gratitude," which makes life so much more enjoyable.
1. Fellowship: Last Sunday night was our all-church fellowship dinner. I was excited because we had some new attenders come to the dinner and have time to get acquainted. Love having new people!
2. Fairly easy work-week: Although I had to squeeze 5 days work into 3, everything went smoothly. There were no big projects or deadlines. I love my job.
3. Food: Of course, you have to talk about food during thanksgiving week. This year, Elissa helped me so much by making most of the desserts in her kitchen at her house. (Yes, she has moved in!) I still had to make my all-time favorite sweet, No-Bake Cookies.
4. Fall: The temps here have dipped into the twenties and hover in the day time in the forties. All the leaves have fallen and it is time to put up the fall decor. I'm so sorry to see fall go but I'm thankful to live where there are seasons to enjoy. Here is one last look at my fall table:
5. Free time: Next week is my last vacation week of the year. I cleverly planned it to coincide with Thanksgiving weekend. Counting Thanksgiving plus weekends, I have a total of 11 days off! I've got lots planned, including at least 3, maybe 4 days, that I am not stepping off my home-place for anything.
Remember, I'm in agreement with Tigger who proclaims, "Home is the comfiest place to be."
Also included in my week on the Journey was an event that I can't claim to be a highlight of MY week. My last chicklet left the nest on Wednesday and moved into her own place. I am not going to go into a deep depression but I can't claim to be joyous either. After all, I prayed for 10 years to become a mother, and a mother likes to have her children around.
However, I am ever one to look on the bright side and focus on the positive. Her new home is exactly one mile from mine! She hates to cook so intends to be at my dinner table about 4 nights a week. You can't ask for better than that. Also, I inherit her closet, extra shelves in the bathroom and linen closet, AND her room will become our new office.
Still ... if I could, I'd have all three kids back home living with me ...
So, how was YOUR week? Leave a comment or link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story and share your highlights.