Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sing, Sing, Sing

The Word says that David encouraged himself in the Lord.  Now, I think one of the ways he did this was to sing.  After all, he did write most of the Psalms!

In the New Testament, there is a Scripture that tells us to sing and make melody in our hearts


"speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, 
singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord"


There's just something about singing and music that lifts the heart.  Granted, some of us have trouble staying on key but we can sing to ourselves and still get the benefits of song.

Paul and Silas sang even after they were beaten and put in jail.  I figure if they can do that, surely I can sing in the midst of my little troubles.

Did you know that God sings, too?  The prophet Zephaniah tells us that God rejoices over His children with singing! What an awesome thought!

I'm thinking of a little chorus we use as a fellowship chorus at church:

I’m gonna sing, sing, sing
I’m gonna shout, shout, shout
I’m gonna sing, I’m gonna shout
Praise the Lord!
Oh, when those gates are open wide
I’m gonna sit at Jesus' side
I’m gonna sing, I’m gonna shout
Praise the Lord!



Let's encourage ourselves and sing, sing, sing.




For further study:




 
This post is Day 27 of my series, 31 Basics for Believers.  You can find all the posts here.


i'm doing it!
I'm linking my series to a whole passel of bloggers who are blogging on one subject for 31 days.  There are topics for everyone!  If you like to join in, visit the Nester at her blog, Nesting Place.
 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jerralea
    The other day when my Fibro pain and fog were very bad, I battled to think two thoughts in a row, never mind, praying. As I was telling Pappa that I cannot pray, He asked me just to sing to Him!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.