Monday, October 7, 2013

Hanging Out

Have you ever been in sync with someone?  You were so close that you could finish each others sentences?

Imagine if you and God had such a relationship?  Of course, He is God and His ways and thoughts are much higher than we could ever attain.  Yet, it is possible to spend so much time with Him that you would begin to know His will.

John 15:7  King James Version (KJV)

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

How do we abide in Him?  I think we do that by being in the Word and in constant communication with Him. Thinking of Him throughout the day just like we do that special "someone" in our lives.

After all, He wants us to love Him with all our mind, soul and strength.  After what He has done for us, it's not too much to ask.

Isn't it crazy?  The Creator of the Universe wants to hang out with you!



For further study,

  • Deuteronomy 6:5
  • Joshua 1:8
  • Psalm 1:2
  • Psalm 119:48
  • Mark 12:30
  • Luke 10:27


This post is Day 8 of my series, 31 Basics for Believers.  You can find all the posts here.



i'm doing it!
I'm linking my series to a whole passel of bloggers who are blogging on one subject for 31 days.  There are topics for everyone!  If you like to join in, visit the Nester at her blog, Nesting Place.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jerralea
    There is just nothing in this world that can even remotely compare to a life lived in Jesus. Oh, we need to learn how to draw deep into Him and allow Him to live His live in and through us by His grace alone. Christ in me, my hope of glory (Colossians 1:27) .
    Blessings XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my hearts desire! That I abide in Him daily. That He is the focus of my world. Like my husband only better! This is great encouragement to remind us to focus first on Him! Thanks Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.