Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy Birthday, Nae Nae

22 years ago, God sent us a gift.  A baby girl we named Alexa Janae.  She was an adorable baby who grew from a busy fearless toddler to an prissy precious little girl who loved to wear a tutu and dance. As time went on, she went through an Aeropostale stage, became a cheerleader, then decided she liked jeans, hoodies and flip-flops best.

She became the first bride in our family and a military wife.  She was the first to leave the nest moving first to Oklahoma and then on to Colorado.

Although she is now much taller than me, she will always be my baby.  I used to say, "I love you, Nae Nae."  "I, too, mommy," her little girl voice still rings in my ears.

I couldn't keep her from growing up.  But I have my memories.  Nothing can take that away.

Happy Birthday, Janae.  I love watching you grow and go on to the next stage of your life.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful girl. Happy birthday to your sweet "baby"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jearralea
    Wow, your daughter is beautiful! Happy birthday to you, Alexa, and I pray that God will bless you and your family with lots of love; but above all, His grace to carry you always and to bring you safely home to Him one day.
    Blessings XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your Janae. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerralea, your daughter is beautiful! It is always exciting to watch our children grow and mature, regardless of their age, isn't it?

    Your Nae Nae, being a military wife, is a very special lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Janae! What a priceless gift you were given Jerralea! God's blessings on her always! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.