1. The major event of the week was Malia's birthday. I am no longer the mother of a teenager because our youngest girl is now 20! Unbelievable, since it feels like I just had her a couple years ago.
Here she is goofing off before Ashley's wedding ...
2. Mother-lode of all Yard Sales: Elissa and I went to several fabulous yard sales on Saturday. In fact, we did so well, that we are crying off from going for the next two weeks. Hopefully, she will have closed on her house by then and can store all the MOUNDS of stuff she has collected in her new garage. (Okay, I know we are not going this week, but who knows if we can keep ourselves away next week.)
3. Week 6 of Walk Away the Pounds: I made it through another week - need I say more?
4. Gratitude: It was brought to my attention, once again, how very blessed I am. This week at the church, we had a disabled veteran come by asking for assistance. (I really struggle with benevolent requests because often it seems like people want to take advantage of the church. I pray all the time about this and ask God to give me wisdom and compassion.) Anyway, this man broke my heart. He is totally without options, in a wheelchair recovering from one knee surgery and facing another one as soon as the first knee heals. He has no income at all! We did help him with his rent but next month's coming ... please agree with me in prayer that his disability application will go through so that he will have some sort of income as he recuperates.
5. Internet issues at both home and work have been resolved! Working internet is a highlight for me anytime!
And so ends another week on the Journey. I hope all my readers will have a wonderful, relaxing and rejuvenating weekend and a joy-filled week of opportunities ahead.
If you'd like to share the highlights of YOUR week, link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.