Monday, June 10, 2013

Daybook-06.10.13

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, JUNE 10

Outside my window...
67° and a light "misty rain," as Wes always says.  Wes is the neighbor who drops by the church EVERY day to say hi.

I am thinking...of the upcoming Independence Day holiday.  I'm wondering what music the worship team could do for the Sunday before the 4th of July.

I am thankful... to live in a country where I still have freedom to worship as I see fit.

In the kitchen...something easy so that I have extra time to roll out dumplings for tomorrow's dinner.  (I love to roll them out extra thin and then let them dry before cooking.)

I am wearing...a black and white sundress with a black shrug.  It makes me happy to say that I found the sundress at a yard sale.  It's cute, and it warms my frugal heart to have found a bargain.

I am creating...a haven for me and my family

I am going... to continue my early-morning exercise routine.  I'm on week 6 now.

I am wondering...why my sinuses started acting up!

I am reading... "When A Heart Stops," by Lynette Eason

I am hoping... my roses bloom again soon.  I just picked up some bud vases ...

I am looking forward to... my daughter's closing date on her house.  It is going to be so awesome:  she has wonderful decor ideas planned.

Around the house
... too much stuff, some de-cluttering needs to be done.  Thankfully, the youth at our church is having a yard sale so I can donate my excess to them.

A favorite quote for today.
..




Psalm 145:16

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
16 You open Your hand
and satisfy the desire of every living thing.
 
What is your desire?  Psalm 37:4 tells us that if we delight in Him, our desires will be met.


One of my favorite things... doing a word-find puzzle every night before bed

A few plans for the rest of the week:  to enjoy this week, and to blog more.  I've been having internet issues both at home and work and all my energies have been directed towards tech support!


A peek into my day...




One of my plants on the front porch ...




The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

  1. I am so thankful to have the freedom to worship also! Especially when I remember that so many in other countries have been arrested or banned from worshipping or even speaking of Jesus at all.

    Oh word puzzles are so fun. I bet that is a wonderful way to relax and unwind at the end of your day.

    Your flowers are so vibrant and beautiful also!

    Have a beautiful day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.