Friday, May 10, 2013

Comfort Fuel

COMFORT

When I think of the word comfort, two things come to mind:  comfort food and God.

Ah, comfort food, how I love it!  Macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, meatloaf, chicken and dumplings, pot roast, fried chicken ... I think most comfort foods are creamy, fragrant and substantial.  Food that sticks to your ribs and keeps you going.

Fuel for your body.

Then I think of how the Bible says God comforts us in all our afflictions. (See 2 Cor. 1:3-4)  I wonder if He comforts our spirit like food comforts our bellies - filling us with good things and sticking with us for the long haul.

Fuel for your spirit to keep on keeping on, no matter what the circumstances around us may be speaking to us..

STOP


Five Minute Friday



On Fridays, I join the community at 5 Minute Friday who write for 5 minutes on the word selected by Lisa-Jo Baker.  Here are the rules:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Sounds like fun, yes?  If you want to join us, go to Lisa-Jo Baker.com.

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! Good thing I already ate lunch, or I'd be eating some mac and cheese. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jerralea!

    Visiting you from Five Minute Friday. It's amazing that we both referred to the same scripture for this prompt. What a great blessing and comfort our faith is.

    Heading to the store to pick up the makings of a serious comfort food dinner, thanks to you! lol

    Have a blessed weekend!

    Cassandra from Renaissance Women

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jerralea
    Oh, I love this. Our Lord's grace and comfort that sort of get stored away as fuel for those times when the reserves run low! Great analogy.
    Blessings to you
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thought... I love how you correlated those two types of comfort. I think of those same two things when it comes to comfort... and isn't it so true that we can't live a day without those two things in our lives! Both spiritual and literal food.

    And that plate of food has got my mouth watering. True comfort food.

    Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your comfort food list. :-) Makes me hungry right now though. ha. I do want to turn to God as my first source of comfort. I don't always, but I'm growing that direction. Thanks for sharing this, Jerralea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.