Friday, March 29, 2013

F.F.F.-03.29.13

Today is Good Friday.  Good Friday means Easter is coming - the most glorious day there ever was.  The day my Savior died for me, and for you, was a momentous day, but it would have meant nothing if He had stayed dead. On Easter morning, He was resurrected so that we all could be resurrected into new life as well.

1.  And so, Good Friday is my first favorite of the week.  I can't imagine a better favorite, can you?

2.  My second favorite is having a day off today - I always love those!

3.  My third favorite is the post I wrote for the Writer's Workshop at Mama's Losin' It, I Can't Believe I Said That.  Although, I'm primarily a devotional writer, I do have lots of fun writing at the Workshop.  Most of the time my posts end up telling stories about my childhood.  Sometimes I wish I could have stayed in my growing up years longer ...

4. I'm also excited about the musical line-up the worship team is going to do on Easter Sunday.  Please pray it all goes well. Each person on the worship team will do a special and the finale will be a new arrangement of Just As I Am with the whole team.  

5. Quote of the week:



This is the day the Lord has made. I don't want to miss a minute.
… seen on twitter

By participating in Friday's Fave Five, I don't miss a minute, I'm recalling all the special things of each day.






Thus ends another week on the Journey.  What were the highlights of your week?  Would you like to share them?  You can link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your Easter celebration is off to a great start. Yes, hope the music goes well on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The music line up sounds like it will be something really special!

    Praise God for the resurrection!

    I'm enjoying the start to my four days off too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have a day off.
    I'm so thankful for my salvation and the reminder this season brings.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halleluia for Easter!! It sounds like you have a nice Worship service planned out!! I'm very thankful that I have a Redeemer and Savior who knows me, loves me and forgives me!! Enjoy the long weekend and have a blessed Resurrection Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.