Monday, February 18, 2013

Daybook-02.18.13

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18

Outside my window...sun, wind and near 50°

I am thinking...on prayer.  Pastor began a series on prayer based on Dick Eastman's book, "The Hour that Changes the World."  The idea is to pray for an hour, using a guide to pray 5 minutes on each of 12 steps.  One thing Pastor said that I so agree with: "Prayer is not asking for things, it is spending time with God." And yet, aren't most of us guilty of praying only to receive?

I am thankful...for the gift of faith

In the kitchen... homemade pizza tonight

I am wearing... black jeans and cardi, red top

I am creating... blog posts in my mind ... now to get them actually written .... ;)

I am going...to get my hair done tomorrow ... this helps my self-esteem greatly!

I am wondering...if I shouldn't just embrace what I've been asked to do as ministry in the "here and now," instead of longing for "what I want to do as ministry" to come to pass? If my longing is God-inspired, then it will certainly come to pass ... in HIS timing.

I am looking forward to... a possible trip with friends to Branson in April.  I do hope it comes to pass!

Around the house... a couple of decluttering projects need to happen ...

I am pondering...

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.  
Romans 8:38-39 New Living Translation

Isn't that just an awesome word?

A favorite quote for today...  something else I've been pondering ...



"The most important aspects of our lives cannot be rushed. We cannot love, think, eat, laugh or pray in a hurry. " JAMES BRYAN SMITH
Quoted by Lisa Notes, The Practice of Slowing Down, 02/04/12


One of my favorite things...a brand new day complete with fresh mercy.  God is so good!

A few plans for the rest of the week: going to salon on Tuesday, getting ready for a board meeting on Thursday, enjoying life everyday!



A peek into my day...



The first Easter flowers ... brought in by my friend, Marti


Daybooks are a concept created by Peggy Hostetler.  You can view other daybooks by visiting her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.