It's been quiet on the Journey since Christmas, but I couldn't let the first Friday of 2013 go without highlighting the blessings in my life.
1. For the first time since Janae and Daniel's wedding, we had the whole family home for Christmas Dinner! Afterwards, the kids played games and it was wonderful to hear their voices talking together and having fun.
2. We went to see The Guilt Trip together as a family. I did get a kick out of it, and I think however "up in my children's business" I may get, I still won't ever be as bad as the character portrayed by Barbara Streisand.
3. I've been ill since before Christmas, and my hubby and daughter have been so nice to help me out with my chores and with not expecting much cooking to come from the kitchen.
4. I've been taking extra time to chill and sleep in. For the first time in years, I slept until 11 a.m. two different mornings! I have to say, I am a big fan of sleep.
5. Favorite quote of the week:
The devil lies. In fact, the devil doesn’t know how to speak the truth.… Joyce Meyer
That voice in your head that tries to discourage you? Remember, it's all lies!
Thus ends another week on the Journey. If you'd like to read more favorites, visit our hostess, Susanne, at Living to Tell the Story.