Monday, December 17, 2012

Daybook-12.17.12

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, DECEMBER 17


Outside my window...foggy ... warm for this time of year ...

I am thinking...of Newtown, CT, and the tragedy that happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School.  28 lives ended.

I am thankful...my kids are alive.  I know they are grown, but a school shooting strikes at the fear that is in every mother's heart.  One of my children is a teacher.  I pray that she is never called upon to protect her students - but I know she would do everything in her power to keep them safe if the need arises.

In the kitchen...spaghetti and garlic bread

I am wearing
...black pants, and a green cardi and a white tank. I'm wearing green and white, which are the school colors of Sandy Hook Elementary school.  My thoughts and prayers are with the families who are suffering the loss of their loved ones.

I am going...to pick up my daughter and son-in-law at the airport this week!

I am wondering...why every one's first inclination is to blame God for this tragedy, yet they do not want any acknowledgement of Him in society.  Seriously, they know how powerful He is, since they are so afrraid of the mere mention of His name.

I am looking forward to...
Christmas!

I am learning ... what a wonderful book 2 Peter is!  I am finding such wonderful scriptures.

Around the house...unwrapped presents and a nativity set to be placed.  :(

A favorite quote for today...


There is no pit so deep, that God’s love is not deeper still.” - Corrie Ten Boom


As we reflect on the awful tragedy at Sandy Hook, realize Christ is greater than the evil that took those innocent lives. Remember, too, that the Lord is just.  Justice will be done, in His timing.


One of my favorite things... an evening with nothing to do ...


A few plans for the rest of the week: finishing up shopping (ugh), wrapping, planning my Christmas menu, board meeting Thursday.


A peek into my day.
..



Our lights from the road - in the dark of night!


The Daybook concept was the brainchild of Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.




3 comments:

  1. I am always touched by your thoughtfulness. Just thinking to wear these childrens school colors! What a sweet lady you are! I am posting my Daybook from my new homestead blog. I had deleted my old one due to our adopted childrens mother stalking it. Now I don't use names or anything. http://homesteadingbyfaith.weebly.com/
    Hope you have a wonderful Merry Christmas with your family! I probably won't get around on the next daybook due to it being Christmas. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful daybook Jerralea!
    Your lights look so nice :)
    And what a beautiful gesture to the Sandy Hook children to wear their school colors.
    I can definitely imagine how that must hit close to home that this tragedy has happened and your daughter is a teacher. I have aspirations of becoming a teacher too, and this really made me think about the bravery of teachers in protecting their classes like the heroic teachers did in Connecticut.

    Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.