Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankful for Humor

One of my most favorite things in the world is humor.  I love to laugh!  In my book, there is nothing better than getting together with family and / or friends and laughing until the tears stream down your face.

They say that belly-laughs burn calories.  I say, bring it!

I also think people can get their point across much more effectively with humor.  A sermon illustrated with humor sticks in my mind much longer than a dry talk with no fun in it.

I make it a mission to find everyday something that makes me laugh or at least smile.  (Facebook and youtube help a lot.)  There are authors who write books that will make you chuckle, like Erma Bombeck, Patsy Clairmont and Liz Curtis Higgs, just to name a few.  Kevin Leman cracks me up - in print or on television.  I like Chonda Pierce and Anita Renfroe videos.

A lot of people think humor has to contain gross or sexy parts in it, but good clean fun can be found.  Why listen to someone who you can't share the funny thing that was said because it is inappropriate?

Join me in finding something to laugh about everyday.  It will lift your spirits and maybe make you burn a calorie or two.

I am thankful for humor.




All during the month of November, I will be sharing my gratitude for all God has given me. I'm joining Joyful Reader on her Giving Thanks Challenge at her blog, Encouragement for Daily Bible Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.