Friday, November 9, 2012

FFF-11.9.12

I'm thinking that the weeks I have off from work fly by even faster than the weeks on the job.  However, it's been a great week off and I've enjoyed every minute.

1.  Sleeping in:  I get up most days at 5:45 a.m. but this week I've slept in until 8:00 every morning.  (You'd think I'd be able to stay up later because of that, but no.  I guess I just love sleep!)

2.  Blogging:  I love to both blog, and to read other writers' blogs.  I've had ample time to do both.

3,  Create:  I've had fun doing nerdy stuff like creating a new planner.  I'm also playing with some new software I have for digital scrap-booking. (Guess what?  There will soon be a giveaway on Jerralea's Journey of MyMemories3 digital scrap-booking software.  Keep watching for more details.)

4.  Road trip:  We've taken probably our last road trip of the season this week to Rend Lake, IL.  Unfortunately, most of the trees have lost their leaves already, but it was a beautiful sunny fall day.  I enjoyed just sitting by the lake and watching ducks, boats, and fishermen doing their thing.

 




The sunbeams seemed to dance upon the water! Shades of blue and radiant sunlight colored everything lakeside.



Evidently, under the bridge was where the fish were.



Close-up of two of a raft of ducks

 


There were a few trees that still had color


This fisherman pulled in one fish after another, just fishing off the dock.

5.  I saw so many great quotes this week, it was hard to just choose one for this post, but I had to choose this one seen on Twitter the day after the election:
 
There was no high five-ing or head-hanging in heaven last night in response to the election.  Just providence as usual.
… Scotty Smith (twitter)
No matter what happens politically, the child of God has no reason to worry.  God is on His throne and He takes care of His children.


Thus ends another week on the Journey.  I hope you had a wonderful productive week.  If you'd like to share, leave a comment, or link up at Susanne's blog, Living to Tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. Love that quote. So true. God is in control.

    Sounds like you've had a wonderful week off. Sleeping in, blogging, creating, playing and travelling!

    Love the picture of the sun on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those quotes!

    Love hearing about your road trips, too -- and the pictures are so pretty!

    Love that time off...looking forward to some holiday time off later this month. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quote, I'm perfectly satisfied with what God gives us.

    A week off! That would be so nice, someday . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quote. How true. There has been so much angst over the election results these past two days.

    Sleeping is a wonderful luxury, one of my favorites.

    Loved your pictures of the lake. Water is so soothing.

    Have a great weekend, Jerralea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent quote. I've been encouraged and challenged to act in faith. Glad you've had a good, restful, creative week off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunbeams dancing on the water photo made me smile. It looks like how I pictured the Christmas Star to look during the daytime.

    Right on quote!

    I also wrote about worry (yesterday). Remembering that God on the throne is powerful, just, and merciful in His dealings with the world and still intimate, graceful, and faithful in His dealings with us continues to amaze me.

    Have a great weekend, Jerri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quote is perfect for this week.
    The road trip to the lake sounds great--I'm going to find Rend Lake on the map.
    I'm glad you enjoy my beach photos. I just never get enough of the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just looked up Rend Lake...we have long time (retired) missy friends living in Collinsville--not so far away from Rend Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your top three as well! LOVE sleeping in...8 is late for me too. :-) I would bake over road trip, however. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.