Monday, November 5, 2012

Daybook - 11.5.12

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

Outside my window...
46° and partly sunny

I am thinking
... of what a blessed life I lead.  God is good!

I am thankful
...for the month of November when everyone's mind is on gratitude and Thanksgiving.

In the kitchen
... undecided yet.  I know I am going to be making chicken and dumplings this week, but probably not today.

I am wearing
...jeans and a blue and green print top.  I'm off this week and I can wear comfy clothes!

I am creating
... something with a new digital scrapbooking program - stay tuned!

I am going
... nowhere for the next few days.  I'm so excited to stay at my favorite place on earth - home.

I am wondering
... what my menu will be for company I'm having Saturday ... I've got 5 days to figure it out ...

I am reading
...Sharon Jaynes' book, "A Sudden Glory"

I am hoping
...to balance some accomplishments this week along with doing a lot of reading and relaxing.

I am looking forward to
...the election being over, and the election ads and phone calls ceasing.

I am learning
... how much more there is to learn.

Around the house
...a few dust bunnies to be attacked.

I am pondering
...on what I am going to put on my Christmas letter.  I'm thinking of doing something a little different this year.

A favorite quote for today.
..

Our instincts are at war. Each instinct, if you listen to it, will claim to be gratified at the expense of the rest.
... TWITTER
One of the marvels of modern life:  how can C.S. Lewis be on twitter when he is already passed away?

One of my favorite things
... peanut butter.  I love peanut butter smoothies, peanut butter sundaes, peanut butter chicken  - anything is good with a little peanut butter.  Add some chocolate, and you got heaven on the taste-buds.

A few plans for the rest of the week
: cooking some dumplings and freezing some extra dumplings for later, a little sewing project I have planned for some of my blouses, getting my 2013 planner / binder ready, working on my Christmas letter, and etc. and etc.  (Doubt I will get all these things done, but it is fun to try.)

A peek into my day...
 



Illinois sky from last week's train trip


Daybooks are the brain-child of Peggy Hostetler.  You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook.



5 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the very same thing! This should be the last night that my phone rings off the hook! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping in from The Simple Woman's Daybook! You have a wonderful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kinds of things are in your planner/binder? I'm nosy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nita, my binder is in the planning stages right now. I do know there will be a calendar, a to-do list, a section for counting 1,000 gifts, a menu, a weekly blog goal list, and a journal.

    Maybe that is all there will be, because this is a 5 1/2 x 8 and only holds 175 sheets at a time. I'm going to be carrying this with me everywhere ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love November for those reasons, too. But this is the November I turn 50 and I'm having mixed emotions about that. ha. I've never cared about age before, but this number is sounding ominous for some reason. (I hope I get over it soon!)

    I should probably go to digital scrapbooking since I've abandoned the regular kind. Except for school scrapbooks, I haven't touched my photo albums in a few years. Not good because I've still been printing off pictures every few months.

    Hope you're having a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.