Monday, October 8, 2012

Daybook - 10.08.12

FOR TODAY, MONDAY, OCTOBER 8TH

Outside my window
...a perfect fall morning

I am thinking
... of what a wonderful world I live in!

I am thankful
...to be living in a country where I am free to worship wherever I want

In the kitchen
...I forgot to do any prep work before leaving for work today, so it will be Hot Dog Roll-ups for dinner tonight!

I am wearing
... black dress slacks, boots and a black, white and gray geometric print top.  I also have my gray cardigan with me.

I am creating
...blog posts on encouragement

I am reading ... I am starting Francis Chan's "CRAZY LOVE"

I am looking forward to...
this weekend and the plans we have made with friends.

I am learning
the truth of this scripture as I battle fear trying to do what the Lord has called me to do:



Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.
- Isaiah 41:10 (HCSB)

Around the house
... candles everywhere ...

I am pondering...
the promises of God.  Besides the awesome wondrous gift of eternal life, He also promises abundant life!

A favorite quote for today
...

Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He won't leave you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the Lord's house is finished.
1 Chronicles 28:20 (HCSB)
We need to exhort and encourage each other regarding the work God has given us. We need to build one another up. As we tackle Matthew 28:20, let's remember 1 Chronicles 28:20. The Lord will stay with us till the work is done.
… David Jeremiah, Turning Point Devotional,  9/27/12


One of my favorite things
...boots, and weather cool enough to wear them!

A few plans for the rest of the week
: continuing blogging on my 31 Days of Encouragement series

A peek into my day
...






Planter by my front door



3 comments:

  1. Hope your words are lifting you up. I am enjoying the posts very much. Aww....candles and fall days cool enough for fall clothing! This could be a list of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hotdog roll-ups you plan to make for dinner tonight sound good. However, I can't eat hotdogs anymore, or my stomach will rebel with a vengeance! :(

    BTW, I've never heard of the bible translation HCSB. What do those initials stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot dog roll-ups sound great to me. I've been wanting those myself. Maybe Thursday for dinner.

    Hope you're enjoying "Crazy Love." I sure did! Lots of good insights from Francis Chan.

    Isaiah 41:10 is one of my favorite verses to conquer fear, too. I need to return to it over and over.

    Thanks for the encouragement through your Daybook, Jerralea! Always a pleasure to visit here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.