Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 18 - Be Encouraged: Fresh Mercy Every Morning

I am a lover of new beginnings.  I always like the idea of starting with a clean slate - fresh and clean. My God gives me a new beginning each day.

Mercy. Every. Morning.

Lamentations 3:21-23 New Living Translation (NLT)

Yet I still dare to hope
    when I remember this:
The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
    His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies begin afresh each morning.

Matthew Henry said, "God is an inexhaustible fountain of mercy, the Father of mercies."

I don't know about you, but it really lifts my spirits when I realize there is always mercy for me.  All I have to do is confess it and turn from my sin, and He is there to extend mercy and forgive.

No matter how bad my day has been, how many times I have messed up, God in His abundance of compassion and mercy has made it possible for me to begin again tomorrow.

Why wouldn't you love a God like that?  Why wouldn't you want to be His child?

If you'd like to read all the 31 Days of Encouragement posts that have been published to date, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.